Rainfall
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
How much of the wet stuff have you had.... I was hoping to dig another bed but we have had such little rain that everything has dried up. All the water butts are empty too Sad

[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nothing here for a while. The ground is very dry, though not cracking like yours. Still water in the water butts as I only use it for the GHs and a few pots.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Been planting tatties today. Coudn't believe how wet the soil was. Plenty of water in my storage areas as well so maybe living in the NE has a few advantages? Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
We've not had any for a while, and my usual go to water butt is running low. It has a water lily in it, so I'm going to have to use the other six water butts lol
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
8 water butts here - all empty. And I only use to water my greenhouse and seedlings that are outside waiting to be planted.
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
11 Water butts here. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have got a couple more but the builders moved one and changed the drainage around and one is only half size?
  • JJB, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Rainfall, what’s that???? We had a bit at the beginning of the month but since then nothing. The waterbuts are low and I have had to use the hose on the veg plot and in the tunnel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've got to go one better, 14 here  Tongue and yes my ground is just like yours Scarlet, cracking and solid. I've only emptied 4 butts so far but the rest are being drained a bit just so we can harvest the rain if it comes.  If we get a rainy day I'll send P out to pump it up to the storage butts.  It's very satisfying watching someone thoroughly soaked in the rain from a dry warm vantage point  Big Grin there's nothing on the forecast though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

toomanytommytoes Offline
Only about 500 L of water storage here. Full at the start of the month but almost empty now. Greenhouse borders and carrot bed have needed a lot of watering due to the warm weather. Seems to be a trend now of very dry springs, makes things go to seed much quicker.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga