Chard/spinach recipes
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
This look interesting - basically putting chopped chard in garlic bread before cooking it.

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/breads/garlic...ith-chard/
The man who cooks at the local community allotment says he's going to try it with wild garlic.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
Chard and spinach leaves are nice in salads, they add a different taste and texture to lettuce. I don't really like the texture of cooked chard or spinach on their own, so they have to be mixed in to other things. Saag aloo or mixed in to a tomato pasta sauce are my current favourite ways.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Chard with hard boiled eggs smothered with cheese sauce is nice, but then again anything smothered in cheese sauce is OK in my book Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(05-04-2022, 10:22 AM)JJB Wrote: Chard with hard boiled eggs smothered with cheese sauce is nice, but then again anything smothered in cheese sauce is OK in my book Smile

Raymond Blanc has an awesome recipe for a swiss chard tart: it's so cram-full of cream and eggs and different cheeses that you can't really taste the chard at all!

I do a simple chard quiche.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I cooked a cheap pizza tonight - a basic cheese and tomato one. I fold them in half, like a calzone (pasty). This time I stuffed it with steamed chard/spinach beet. (Not sure which is was actually). It was really good - will do it again - next time a yellow sticker pizza falls into my trolley. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Last time I grew it, I ate lots of it added to matzo brei. I don't seem to be able to find matzo crackers lately though :-(
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-04-2022, 12:47 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 10:22 AM)JJB Wrote: Chard with hard boiled eggs smothered with cheese sauce is nice, but then again anything smothered in cheese sauce is OK in my book Smile

Raymond Blanc has an awesome recipe for a swiss chard tart: it's so cram-full of cream and eggs and different cheeses that you can't really taste the chard at all!

I do a simple chard quiche.

But I really like the taste of chard, we eat it by the bucketful. Spinach can sometimes leave my teeth feeling funny which might be oxalic acid residue, so we stick to chard mostly.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I love chard, too and can't grow spinach -
Monday, "Look, the spinach has germinated!"
Wednesday, "Look, the spinach has bolted!"

I like that chard is more robust, and the stalks are good stir fried or sauteed in butter too! Two veg for the price of one Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just filled the dehydrator with chard and spinach beet leaves. The GH is full of it and it will need to go before the tomatoes are planted there.
I like the way that chard regrows, once you cut the middle out of it, by sending out multiple side heads. Its like a Hydra. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Vinny

Bren Offline
I use chard in soups, gratins, curries and in wraps. Really you can add it to most things.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot