What can be in an unheated greenhouse?
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(24-03-2022, 12:26 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(23-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Proserpina Wrote:
(23-03-2022, 03:34 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: What a lot you’ve got. Lucky you.
My zinnia are not sprouting at all.
The ones I bought from Lidl are doing really well, but I've not had any luck with the Orange King seeds from the swap just yet. Hoping they just need a little bit longer, but I may have kept them a bit wet. I may try sowing some more if there's nothing doing in the next few days.
Don't blame yourself, it's more likely that I didn't let the flower heads dry out enough or the seed didn't develop properly. Gosh they were a real faff to extract the seed from!
Ah, but that's some of the joy of sharing seeds like this. Not knowing quite what you'll get or if you'll get anything at all. If my solitary allium survives my ongoing care, it will give me far more pleasure than if I'd had a hundred germinate from a bought packet. It's why I'm gutted that I managed to kill all the Echinacea Pow Wow Wild Berry seeds that germinated - I had three sprout, but I found it impossible to keep them just the right side of wet. Two dried out and one I watered too much! But there's always next year Big Grin

I think I kept a few Orange King seeds back. Think I may sow them today! (Doing another online training day, so will have a lunch break at home)
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can be in an unheated greenhouse? - by Proserpina - 24-03-2022, 10:32 AM