2022 - Picked my first..................
Broadway Offline
(22-06-2022, 10:27 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(22-06-2022, 09:19 AM)Broadway Wrote: Good King Henry, apparently! Need to find out what to do with it nowSmile

Interesting!
https://www.slowfood.org.uk/ff-products/...g-henry-2/
Hiya PP

The old boys at the plot made me laugh, they were curious as to why I was taking weeds homeSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Tumbling Tom Yellow
Sweet Peas
[-] The following 1 user Likes Garrett's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
1st Genuwine tomato, its supposed to be beefsteak size but my first one is rather small, it might benefit from ripening up in the bowl for a day or two.. 1st Konsa cucumber
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Bren Offline
My first Indigo Cherry Drop tom, not grown them before but will do again next year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Picked my first ?Tayberry or Thornless Loganberry? Its ancestry is lost in the mists of time. All I know is that it send up long shoots, maybe 10-15' long, that I mean to tie to supports but usually forget until its too late (like now).
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

JJB Online
Moonraker
(26-06-2022, 09:28 PM)Veggie Wrote: Picked my first ?Tayberry or Thornless Loganberry? Its ancestry is lost in the mists of time. All I know is that it send up long shoots, maybe 10-15' long, that I mean to tie to supports but usually forget until its too late (like now).

Ooer missus, my tayberry,  very prettily decorated with a little bag over its one maybe two fruit is only 18" tall.  I wonder if it will end up like yours. It's neighbour the blackberry thug will have to watch out.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Bren Offline
My first Beth alpha cuc of the season. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(27-06-2022, 09:18 AM)JJB Wrote:
(26-06-2022, 09:28 PM)Veggie Wrote: Picked my first ?Tayberry or Thornless Loganberry? Its ancestry is lost in the mists of time. All I know is that it send up long shoots, maybe 10-15' long, that I mean to tie to supports but usually forget until its too late (like now).

Ooer missus, my tayberry,  very prettily decorated with a little bag over its one maybe two fruit is only 18" tall.  I wonder if it will end up like yours. It's neighbour the blackberry thug will have to watch out.
What a teeny, tiny, tayberry! Is it old enough to leave its mother?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Online
Moonraker
(29-06-2022, 04:40 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(27-06-2022, 09:18 AM)JJB Wrote:

What a teeny, tiny, tayberry! Is it old enough to leave its mother?

It's old enough to have babies of its own so I hope so.  That reminds  me I have to check it's bag, I bet a blackbird has had it.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
My first and only CFB, Fasold by name. I don't think there are any others in the pipeline yet but patience is a virtue as my old nana used to say.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie