Philadelphus
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-01-2022, 12:56 AM)Veggie Wrote: Watch out for p&p.
That pee's me off. When you think you have found a bargain and they stick a ridiculous P&P on top, Haven't checkd th one above yet, but I will! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Delivery £6.00 and £1.84 vat...............no thanks, for a plant thats only £3,84 you have got to be joking! Angry
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Well - enough replies to encourage me to plant my two new ones in the space that is yet to be vacated by the golden leafed one.
Thank you all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet

Farendwoman Offline
(23-01-2022, 04:04 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 12:42 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I have green leaf one - I don't know what variety it is but it's a thug and never has any issue with scorch. Gets lots of sun.

As a precaution before moving yours you could take some cuttings? I took half a dozen last year and they all took.
Well you are clearly a better gardener then me - have tried and tried - but never get them to go.
dont have much trouble with other stuff - just this one that I would like to hang on to!
Maybe just lucky? I'm not always that lucky - I often pull them up to check and damage things Big Grin
I think the trick is timing...and just being left somewhere. Though I always find the fancier the variety the harder to grow or propagate.
I love sedum - the green one is prolific here - I bought a black ( or very nearly) it's not done that wel at all.
Likewise - very much like sedum. Just treated myself to a tiny little sedum “Touchdown Teak”.  Hope it’s not too pernickety
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet

Vinny Offline
Managed to get my Virginal Philadelpghus quite a bit cheaper from another source, so we shall see. Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Gutted today when I found Philadelphus' Virginal' in the Pound shop! Angry Big Grin
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
But was it dried out? If not you should have bought it!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
(26-01-2022, 07:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: But was it dried out? If not you should have bought it!!
It was a dry stick! Rolleyes
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(27-01-2022, 12:22 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-01-2022, 07:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: But was it dried out? If not you should have bought it!!
It was a dry stick! Rolleyes
My golden one has been excavated today and moved to the front of the house.sn quite hopeful for it really. Looked pretty good. 
have put the two new ones in its place “Snowbelle” and “Manteau d’Hermine”. Wish me luck.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Vinny Offline
My philadelphus Virginal arrived today. Can't say I am to impressed as it is a stick in a pot of compost Confused . When I am in Poundland next I think I will pick up the Virginal Philadephus there. Even though its not in a pot, it's a bigger 'stick' than the one I have just received. Good little experiment to test a bare rooted against a potted plant! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie