2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

I've been given these leftover seedlings of Purple Sprouting and Green Calabrese by a young lady called Lily. She's only 13 but, at the start of lockdown she decided to grow plants and sell them locally. All the money that she made she spent on hats, gloves and socks for the homeless. She made up parcels and went out on the city streets, (with her parents, of course) to give these gifts to any homeless person they could find. Whatever was left she gave to the  Homeless shelter. 
This year, all her sales profits have been sent to Ukraine. Not only is she very kind-hearted but she's a brilliant gardener too. I met her Mum today (as Lily was in school) and she said that Lily's plants have taken over the house as well as the garden (its a ordinary semi on an estate). Lily's Mum said she takes after her grandmother, who has a small farm locally, but the gardening genes skipped Lily's parents so they've been learning alongside their daughter. 
I'm full of admiration for a 13 year old whose time is spent helping others. If you're on FB, look up Lily's Lettuce................and she also left me some sunflowers.
All I could think to give her were Apple mint and Skopelos mint cuttings that she can grow on for sale. She wouldn't accept a donation for her seedlings !!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

Messages In This Thread
Farendwoman - by Farendwoman - 22-02-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - by Veggie - 17-06-2022, 02:00 PM