2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
Spec Offline
I received 15 packets of seeds today with a garden magazine, 4 of them doubles, redicchio, lettuce, red salad bowl, nasturtium, and tomboncino courgette, no doubt the extras along with anything I don't want will end up at my sons, but getting the trombo. seeds made me wonder if there will be a competition for the biggest, or weirdest trombo. this year Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's always a "competition" for weird trombos so grow and show to your heart's content!!
May I ask which mag was giving Trombo seeds?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Spec Offline
(12-01-2022, 04:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's always a "competition" for weird trombos so grow and show to your heart's content!!

Hi Veggie, it's from the publisher of the Kitchen Garden magazine and called The How To series, but I think there was a mistake in the number of seed packets that I received with the magazine, but they won't go to wasteSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
There has to be a trombo competition! I've been looking forward to that all year Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-01-2022, 08:51 PM)Spec Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 04:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's always a "competition" for weird trombos so grow and show to your heart's content!!

Hi Veggie, it's from the publisher of the Kitchen Garden magazine and called  The How To  series, but I think there was a mistake in the number of seed packets that I received with the magazine, but they won't go to wasteSmile
Thanks Spec. I've seen it advertised and was tempted by the seeds that they said came with it. Can't remember if it was 10 or 15. If it was 10 you've been lucky, if it was 15 you haven't because they're duplicated!! Two packets of tromba is worth having though, Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
(12-01-2022, 09:07 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: There has to be a trombo competition! I've been looking forward to that all year Smile

So have not been looking forward to it that long thenRolleyesBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Very good, Spec. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Broadway Offline
I did buy a couple of items late last year so have most stuff now.

That said today I purchased Caucasian Spinach.

The only other things to get are seed potatoes plus I want to try parsley roots (I think Veggie mentioned these in another thread?)
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I bought some more 6" white plastic stick labels off ebay £3.50 for 50 off. The bigger ones are easier to find in the soil at the end of the season. They get reused every year so I don't feel too guilty about the plastic.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Garrett Offline
I got two packets of mini pumpkin seeds, Baby Boo (white) and Jack Be Little (orange). I've seen them grown on YouTube videos and they seem prolific with 15-20 fruits per vine.

Very excited to try these!
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Scarlet