2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I needed to buy a new washer for my toilet flush valve so I went to Wilko this morning. Well, they had a rubbish plumbing range so I should have left empty handed, except that they have their Autumn bulbs in stock... Have bought 50 mixed onion sets (only grown from seed before, so it would be nice to try these too), 40 mixed dwarf crocuses, 10 saffron crocuses, 6 nectaroscordum, and 20 drumstick alliums.

Then I tried B&Q who sold the washer I wanted, but it was out of stock. I didn't want to mess around with trying to order one online, so have just bought a whole new flush valve (only £12 versus £3 for the washer and it gives me other spare parts for the future). But then B&Q had lots of really nice big houseplants in their clearance section for £2 each. I wanted to nip into Morrisons on my way home, so I couldn't manage a big plant but a smaller Black Velvet Alocasia may have come home with me... The man at the till gave me a loyalty card that gives me £5 off when I activate it, so they've basically paid me £3 to take the plant off their hands, right?
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Wilko yesterday, got 50 each red and yellow onion sets.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Wilko today
Got three 900ml garden sprayer bottles for 50p each.
Tested them and all are spraying fine.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
(15-09-2022, 09:59 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I bought three Calathea houseplants as they had a huge variety of them in Lidl for £3.49 (I was very restrained and didn't buy one of each type!) Got them home and looked up how to care for them, only to find "fussy" in almost every guide for them that I could find!

I got a calathea from Ikea a few years ago - large plant for not very much money at all. It was very happy for as long as I kept it watered, but the moment it dried up, it nearly died. I did that a couple of times until I couldn't revive it again.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Got 2 multi packets of flower seeds
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Went to Wilko and got garlic germidor, some Dutch iris and mixed alliums
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
G&G forum, forgive me for I have sinned. I've bought something fromT&M (spit, spit, spit). They offered 9 jumbo plugs of 3 different coloured penstemmon and 10 pkt flower seeds for £2.99 + p&p. Ok so p&p is steep at £6.99 (bloody extortionate more like it) bit if I can keep the babies alive over winter in a cold gh it will save me experimenting with sowing seeds in the spring. If I succeed there will have to be some major reorganisation in the smallish flower border. Flag iris watch out!

Now Scarlet is going to tell me there's no hope of them surviving, isn't she.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love penstemons- they are so easy to propagate from cuttings. So a good investment, if they live you should be able to make lots!

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(24-09-2022, 08:59 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I love penstemons- they are so easy to propagate from cuttings. So a good investment, if they live you should be able to make lots!

IF, is the operative word
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bought some more Clearance seeds from Nutsncones - because I wanted to make my order for Thousandhead Kale and Cottagers kale worthwhile. I'm still amazed at the quantity of seeds in some packets. For example:-
Baby leaf spinach Red Kitten 5000 seeds.
Pumpkin - Dills Atlantic Giant - 200 seeds. Kings seeds sell 10 seeds for £2.70
Broccoli Brocoletto - 2000 seeds. Kings sell 250 seeds for £1.90

I paid £16.28 for 40 packets of Clearance seeds and 2 kale including p&p.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes