The Moneyless Chicken
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Progress report - I've almost given up coffee now and switched to Free Herb teas.
Also, I've cut back on butter, going back to a habit I had many years ago when trying to lose weight. The Golden rule is, I can only have butter on bread if there's nothing else on the bread. For example, Butter on toast is OK, but Butter and Jam is not - its Jam only.
Today, I spread homemade chutney on the bread and put cheese on that. Normally, it would be buttered bread with cheese and chutney.
For the record, the homemade deodorant is coping well with the heat wave - very runny to apply though! Apparently, coconut oil melts at 25C so it should solidify again when the temperature drops.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(20-07-2022, 04:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Progress report - I've almost given up coffee now and switched to Free Herb teas.
Also, I've cut back on butter, going back to a habit I had many years ago when trying to lose weight. The Golden rule is, I can only have butter on bread if there's nothing else on the bread. For example, Butter on toast is OK, but Butter and Jam is not - its Jam only.
Today, I spread homemade chutney on the bread and put cheese on that. Normally, it would be buttered bread with cheese and chutney.
For the record, the homemade deodorant is coping well with the heat wave - very runny to apply though! Apparently, coconut oil melts at 25C so it should solidify again when the temperature drops.
That's me out then! Cry The last thing I would ever give up is butter! Tongue I hadn't tasted butter until I got married (Brought up on bread doorsteps with marg on!) and I sure as hell aint going back to marg, or worse still, dry bread! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Doorsteps with butter is OK and you get the real taste of butter. Doorsteps with butter and jam isn't and you lose the butter effect with jam.
We used to buy butter from a block in the grocers, wrapped in greaseproof paper. It was quite salty with obvious crystals. Real butter. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm drooling Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
(20-07-2022, 08:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: Doorsteps with butter is OK and you get the real taste of butter. Doorsteps with butter and jam isn't and you lose the butter effect with jam.
We used to buy butter from a block in the grocers, wrapped in greaseproof paper. It was  quite salty with obvious crystals. Real butter. Big Grin
We had a co-op near by which had masiisve rounds of butter and cheese. They used to get butter in wooden butter  barrels, although as a kid I don't remember sampling it, just ogling it on the marble counter Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Our grocer had butter and cheese on a ? marble slab. He cut them with wire then shaped the butter with wooden butterpats. There was also a bacon slicer and boxes of biscuits with lift up lids - the one at the end had cheaper broken biscuits and , if you were lucky, there'd be a chocolate one in your bag. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(21-07-2022, 10:47 AM)Veggie Wrote: Our grocer had butter and cheese on a ? marble slab. He cut them with wire then shaped the butter with wooden butterpats. There was also a bacon slicer and boxes of biscuits with lift up lids - the one at the end had cheaper broken biscuits and , if you were lucky, there'd be a chocolate one in your bag. Big Grin
Helen used to work in a shop which had the biscuits with lift up lids and a broken biscuit box. When pensioners came in asking for broken biscuits and there werent any she used to bash a few about to make sure there was! Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What a lovely thing to do. Big Grin x
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The Moneyless Chicken is going to spend £1 a day on food - that's the plan - and that's for all meals, snacks and drinks.
So far today, I've "spent" 45p and most of that was on a icecream.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
(01-08-2022, 08:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: The Moneyless Chicken is going to spend £1 a day on food - that's the plan - and that's for all meals, snacks and drinks.
So far today, I've "spent" 45p and most of that was on a icecream.
Can you rollover what you don't spend in one day, to the next, and the next and have a binge later in the week? Huh Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie