The Moneyless Chicken
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
The people in charge of all the multi-nationals will have heart attacks if they see this thread. What will happen to all them all if everyone follows your example?
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's one way to find out. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(16-07-2022, 11:54 AM)Mark_Riga Wrote: The people in charge of all the multi-nationals will have heart attacks if they see this thread. What will happen to all them all if everyone follows your example?
Here's one to start with! Cool A Veggie apprentice no less! Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can't read much of it but it does say "12% have ditched deodorant because of cost". ...........she needs my recipe. Big Grin

EDIT I tried to enlarge the page to read the essentials list on the right - I'm sure one is "Cocnut oil". Big Grin
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
(16-07-2022, 04:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Can't read much of it but it does say "12% have ditched deodorant because of cost". ...........she needs my recipe. Big Grin

EDIT I tried to enlarge the page to read the essentials list on the right -  I'm sure one is "Cocnut oil". Big Grin
Just checked, you're right! Rolleyes Very rare oil that! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was about to reply to you last night, Vinny, but everything I wanted to say might have meant I'd have to Ban myself. Still can't think of a "Suitable for Children" response. Wink
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-07-2022, 09:48 AM)Veggie Wrote: I was about to reply to you last night, Vinny, but everything I wanted to say might have meant I'd have to Ban myself. Still can't think of a "Suitable for Children" response. Wink
I bet we all thought it though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(16-07-2022, 03:20 PM)Vinny Wrote: Here's one to start with! Cool A Veggie apprentice no less! Big Grin

The overall message is not bad - to watch the pennies but overall it seems to be a bashing of the poor for not being able to live on next to nothing.

Candles are made from oil I would think, bees wax would be far too expensive. LED bulb of the same lumens as a candle would use minimal electric so doubtful a candle would be cheaper, as well as being a fire hazard for children and the elderly (who are they?).

I don't think tea bags would last 8 uses, cold water would likely taste better and not need electric to heat up.
A lot of what she suggest are not possible for most, e.g."between October and February "I put the heating on for just six hours in total." and "“I am very frugal with toiletries. I always ask for them for Christmas and birthday gifts, as they’re so expensive."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/192163...save-cash/

and the miracle articles on the right does include coconut oil:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/192173...-cleaning/

I don't think I have ever posted links to the Sun before, I used to work in Liverpool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(17-07-2022, 01:01 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(16-07-2022, 03:20 PM)Vinny Wrote: Here's one to start with! Cool A Veggie apprentice no less! Big Grin

The overall message is not bad - to watch the pennies but overall it seems to be a bashing of the poor for not being able to live on next to nothing.

Candles are made from oil I would think, bees wax would be far too expensive. LED bulb of the same lumens as a candle would use minimal electric so doubtful a candle would be cheaper, as well as being a fire hazard for children and the elderly (who are they?).

I don't think tea bags would last 8 uses, cold water would likely taste better and not need electric to heat up.
A lot of what she suggest are not possible for most, e.g."between October and February "I put the heating on for just six hours in total." and "“I am very frugal with toiletries. I always ask for them for Christmas and birthday gifts, as they’re so expensive."

https://www.thesun. Big Grin .uk/fabulous/19216325/i-use-teabags-eight-times-to-save-cash/

and the miracle articles on the right does include coconut oil:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/192173...-cleaning/

I don't think I have ever posted links to the Sun before, I used to work in Liverpool.
I once worked wih a fella that liked his tea weak (probably just tight as well!) Rolleyes . He manufactured a little washing line for his section of table in the canteen and used to hang his tea bag with a clothes peg on it after every use. Smile
Same fella used to bring a boiled egg to work and crack it on the baldy blokes head who sat next to him each day. The lads once swapped the egg for a raw egg to everyone's delight! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Bicarb is also useful for stripping (some) hair dye out. I know it works Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club