2022 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I came home from the seaside. I didn't really want to though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Finally got round to pricking out the aubrieta seedlings.
Planted a couple more sacrificial plants on the bank at the house site. This time trying bugle & a low growing ground cover sedum. Don’t know it’s proper name. We’ll see if the survive the sheep & deer.

The orange hawkbit is still there and growing quite well. It’s not tried flowering yet and drawing attention to its self. The aubrieta is also still there bit very well pruned.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(22-05-2022, 05:34 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Finally got round to pricking out the aubrieta seedlings.
Planted a couple more sacrificial plants on the bank at the house site. This time trying bugle & a low growing ground cover sedum. Don’t know it’s proper name. We’ll see if the survive the sheep & deer.

The orange hawkbit is still there and growing quite well. It’s not tried flowering yet and drawing attention to its self. The aubrieta is also still there bit very well pruned.

Grandma always said the deer didn't like heather, so she tried growing that, not too successfully because she was on chalk. She had to chose her heathersvery carefully.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Today I've finally dug out last year's kale, harvesting florets as I went. Dug over the area where it was and all but broke my back doing so, the ground was so hard. Set up another row of pea/bean supports. Stirred the compost because P mowed the orchard and wanted to put the mowings somewhere. Watered, weeded, etc.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Front garden tidying up - front hedge cut (no nesting birds!) , grass verge cut, all cleared away as there's a man coming this week to pressure wash the drive and pulverise the mares tail into submission (I wish).
Back garden dock and buttercup pulling. Lots of Sticky Willie around now so been trying to rake it out. Brings me out in a rash if it touches my skin!!
Bronwen Hen was very helpful - she actually eats dock leaves.. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
No gardening today, went to pick up my daughter and son-in-law and my grandsons from the airport they were flying in from holiday in Orlando they were over 2 hours late. Left them home then came on home planning to do some more weeding but my brother and his wife called in, then my son grand daughter and their dog arrived, we are dog sitting for the next week. A 35kg American Bulldog, he’s big. So no gardening today
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Planted out 2 courgettes yesterday.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm off to breast screening this morning (oh joy!) Then some baking and back in the garden to plant out I hope.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I've been on nights all weekend. Got home around 10am today and have slept from about midday until 4pm. I have so much to get done in the garden, but it will have to wait for now as I still feel barely functional. Definitely not up for making new beds or lugging watering cans around!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
(22-05-2022, 09:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: Lots of Sticky Willie around now so been trying to rake it out. Brings me out in a rash if it touches my skin!!

That's my reaction to sticky willies too haha
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie