2022 - What I did today
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Sowed some ancient turnip seeds in the hope of some micro greens. Frittered the rest of the day, apart from the weekly shop and clean down of the shopping.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It was so cold here today I couldn't do much outside. Potted up more sweet pea seeds...presprouted in tubs. I've put them on a shelf in the greenhouse- so hoping the mice won't get them Sad

No mice today.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Planted a heap of shallots that have been lying around since received last year - don't blame me, I didn't expect to receive double the quantity I ordered. Wink
I took great care about selecting a suitable bed for them and prepared the ground well.....................in other words, I spotted a bareish patch of ground, scraped off all the fallen leaves, dug up the buttercups and poked the shallots in using the random spacing technique.
Flushed with allium enthusiasm, I dug up some Elephant garlic, separated the sprouting cloves and replanted them in another carefully chosen "bed" using the same technique as aforementioned.
Did a bit of weeding in the "pea" bed - that's where I grow them, I'm not incontinent.Big Grin
Buds forming on the peach tree and the blackcurrant bushes.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
See what made me happy thread for my actions, plus I got my hair cut this morning
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Started, but didn't finish, cleaning the outside of both greenhouses. Washed down all the glass with soapy water then noticed all the moss growing on the roof glazing bars, so picked out where I could, then it looks like I might have to wash the glass again. DUH, should've done the moss first Sad, no matter at least the outside green algae is gone.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

MartinH Offline
It was a beautiful day here, but I wasn't able to get out into the garden until 2:30 because of indoor stuff (we've got builders in next week, have to get clear for them). Still, I got a good hour's digging done, getting weeds and roots out of my intended new lawn. Getting there, albeit slowly.
[-] The following 4 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Got my 50sq.ft. of digging done for the day. It's full of couch and dock weeds but they will have to come out another day.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dug up 2 bags of Montbretia and gave it away. Big Grin
Started cutting down last year's raspberry canes. Not a simple job as they're not in tidy rows but dotted around the garden.
Two small plum (I think) trees have suckered, throwing up very spiny sideshoots. The trees will have to be dug out and binned as they suckers are so much stronger than the original tree. Whatever the rootstock was, its only merit would be keeping out intruders.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet

Admin Offline
The Boss
Deglazed one of the greenhouses, and gave the frame a good clean. A lot of the glazing rubber had started to perish so replaced that.

I will re-glaze tomorrow, cleaning the glass as I go.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:

Bren Offline
Not much in the garden just scrubbing the writing of last years plant labels. Found them hiding all over the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie