2022 - What I did today
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,341
Cut down the asparagus fronds and weeded the bed. Ended up with muddy gloves and knees - glorious!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,342
Spent the day butchering bambi. while Bob did some more fencing.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,343
Managed a few hours in the garden - first for a few days. The ground was so wet I could pull up brambles, roots and all. Very satisfying..........then it rained.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga

Garrett Offline
#1,344
Planted out the garlic.
Pulled out the container tomato plants and replanted with some winter pansies.
Planted some wallflowers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,345
Started to dig over the flower bed, weeding and digging out the unwanted, trying to identify the good bits. All with a view to be a bit more conscious of what will go where regarding height, flowering time and space. Especially as i have several packets of flower seeds i want to sow. Good intentions, and we all know where they get you.

Dug out flag iris, saved some coreopsis (I think) self seeders, moved a couple of lavender and antirrhinum self seeders, dug up bedding dahlias, they weren't good enough to save, found some plants I remember planting but have forgotten what they were. Note to self, label things. I know they were seeds from last year's seed swap so I might be able to figure them out.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,346
Today I went for a walk. Caught covid over a week ago and just about getting over it. Whoever is responsible for its spread has a lot to answer for. Not been in the garden even to look around for a while. I'll have a look at the apple trees tomorrow, I've seen a lot of blackbirds and fieldfares flitting about.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,347
Prepare for an epic.
Today started out well but turned into a nightmare mid way through with a decent end to the day. Rolleyes

After an early morning walk in the dark with Kato I wen tto Boot Camp followed by  a Barre session. After that the plan was to drive about 40 miles to pay for and pick up a part for my tractor purchsed on ebay. My sat nav took me miles away but I eventually made it. I went to get my wallet to pay for the parts and lo and behold couldn't find it. I rang the gym to see if I had left it there and was told that I hadn't.
I then drove all the way back home to see if I had left my wallet at home. After looking everywhere in my house I decided that it wasn't there and I picked up another bank card with the intention of getting some money out of another account.
On getting back in the car I searched it fully and found the wallet under the seat! Angry I rang the seller and told him I would be an hour late as I had to make the journey again.

The happy ending was that I found my wallet, paid for and received the part and even managed to call in at my Son's house (20 miles away) and spend some time with my grandkids on the way home.

Boxing on telly tonight is also a bonus! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,348
Nice one, Vinny. You need a handbag - they're harder to lose under the seat. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga

SarrissUK Offline
#1,349
Today I've spent most of the day looking at cars that I might want to buy and nearly driving 50 miles to look at one but didn't, because I rang the dealer and the car has sold. Someone rear ended me yesterday when I was going with Jay to drop his car off to have his brakes looked at. My car is a write off - it would be more expensive to fix than it's worth.

I've found another car I'd like to buy, but can't go see it until Monday night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,350
(26-11-2022, 09:24 PM)Veggie Wrote: Nice one, Vinny. You need a handbag - they're harder to lose under the seat. Big Grin
Some of these boxers I am watching  this evening need to go 'Handbags at dawn' methinks! Rolleyes Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie