2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I finished a run of four nights on Friday morning. Stayed late in the hope I could catch the on-call consultant when he came in so I could ask for a training assessment for a spectacularly complex patient I had spent most of my night with. I gave up when he was still not there at quarter past ten, but then the next train home wasn't until after 11am...

Made it home at 1pm on Friday. Had something to eat courtesy of the Instant Pot and then slept until 7pm. Of course, then I was awake for the entirety of last night despite my best efforts. Fell asleep again around 9am for about six hours. Now having a very unproductive evening and just hoping I can sleep tonight to reset my clock a bit before I'm back in work on Monday.

I am definitely too old for nights nowadays. Hopefully just 20 more months of regular nights to go before I'm a consultant (when I'll be on-call from home overnight and it should be rare that I actually have to go in), though there are plenty of things that have the potential to extend that time if I'm unlucky.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  â€¢ Broadway, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Proserpina - 03-12-2022, 08:09 PM