2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(04-09-2022, 10:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: Evening All. Big Grin
I've just had a trip down Memory lane brought on by a tin of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail! (FREE of course).
As kids, every Sunday afternoon we'd have either tinned fruit or jelly and blancmange for tea. Fruit cocktail day would always end in an argument - who was going to have the half cherry - as there was always only one blob of red in the middle of a  sea of peaches and pears and pineapple.
I'm pleased to report that in tonight's tin there were 2 pieces of cherry so my imaginary letter to Mr Del Monte must have worked.
My trip dowm memmory Lane would be similar but it was always custard and jelly for Sunday tea after Sunday school. I would spend my old penny my mam had given me for the collection in the Beech Nut machine at the corner shop next to the church (Every fourth penny you got an extra pack). Back home for tea which always included a huge plateful of buttered doorstops in the centre of the table (it was actually marg!) Rolleyes
Still to this day people look at me when I now have bread and butter (gone posh) with my trifle,rice pudding or whatever is for sweet. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Vinny - 06-09-2022, 04:33 PM