2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(27-07-2022, 06:56 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I've successfully wrapped the leaking pipe now and things are under control for now.

However, I've also managed to pull the cabinet under the sink out completely and it is not good back there. It looks like it's probably been leaking for months, probably since before I moved in (especially as there are signs of old temporary repairs). The cabinets are basically mush at the bottom, and I've been able to put a pair of kitchen scissors through one floorboard.The other floorboards seem a bit more solid but who knows if they'll be okay once they have dried out, and the bigger worry is what condition the joist is in.

I was hoping pulling the cabinet out would reveal the stopcock, but no... Maybe it's behind the cooker, but I think I'll need help to get that out, especially with my breathing as it is right now. Hopefully my Dad can come over at the weekend and we can explore some more.
If I had lived closer I would have tried to help. You are having an awful week and I hope you can get it sorted eventually.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Vinny - 27-07-2022, 10:08 PM