2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today was a day of mixed emotions!
Driving up to some traffic lights, a police bike, blue lights flashing, pulled in front of me and flagged me to stop. I was actually just at the lights, which were red.
The bike pulled out into the middle of the crossroads and stopped all the traffic from moving.
I could see blue lights coming up behind me, and sirens wailing, so I thought there must have been an accident somewhere. More police bikes came, then a police car............followed by a funeral hearse, followed by a fire engine, an ambulance, paramedic car and more police cars.
As the hearse passed me, I remembered whose funeral it was. A young lad, who had spent his life in a wheelchair and was obsessed with emergency services world wide. He collected all sorts of badges, caps, uniform from all over the world. Sadly, his short life has come to an end but the emergency services had turned out to accompany him on his final journey. I was quite moved by it all , almost forgot to move off when the lights changed for the umpteenth time. Little did I know that, behind me at the lights, were  2 American police cars  - Los Angeles Aggressive Speed Control or something, covered in flags and a number of Bikers, all on their way to the service.
I drove a little further into Morries car park and parked alongside an empty space, apart from a shopping trolley that was being unloaded by a Morries employee. There was a gift wrapped hamper of food in the trolley so, in my usual nosey way, I asked if I'd won a prize. She said that it was a gift for the local health centre to thank them for all they do. Felt quite emotional again!
Finally made it into the store, did some yellow sticker shopping and, passing the butcher's counter, spotted a lady being passed a huge mound of meat on a tray, which she put in her trolley. The  butcher then gave her a second parcel. Edging closer I could see it was marked 17p.
Old nosey again, had to ask how she managed to get such a bargain - "Its for the foxes" she said "Sweetpea gives it to me". The butcher (who she calls Sweetpea!) called over and said "She feeds the foxes with it".
I can tell you this, I could have fed a family of humans for a week on that meat. Although it was scrappy, lots of fat and probably bones too, there was also lean meat in there. So, if any of you want cheap meat from Morries, tell them you feed foxes and you may be lucky. Big Grin
So many kindhearted people I've met in one afternoon. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 01-07-2022, 07:19 PM