2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-06-2022, 10:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: JJB - I need to know...........did P's friend arrive and did he notice the dirt?
Pros .....................................did your parents arrive and did they notice the dirt?

I'm so glad that nobody wants to visit me. Big Grin

Visitor came. Was very nice and interesting. He was a rather rumpled elderly chap, just like P, with similar health issues, they compared stories quite happily. I left the lads to it and dug a bean trench.  I figured if P wants a visit he can do the social bit. Tongue  he did help with the housework like a good bunny (he's better at it than me). Surprisingly,  both P and I would welcome him with open arms again. No airs and graces and very down to earth. There is the threat of bringing his wife next time....now that's a whole different kettle of fish.   Cry
P has another 'friend', I think there's only two in total, who visits every Christmas time. He's an ex colleague who, I think, is trying to do his duty and visit the elderly (us). He's so much hard work to talk to and has no conversation other than aircraft. So boring after a couple of hours, and at that time of year I can't escape to the garden.

Have you ever asked yourself why nobody visits you?  Be afraid , one day I might, just out of spite.   Tongue
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by JJB - 12-06-2022, 09:21 AM