2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-06-2022, 12:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: I bet you're both at the point why you're thinking "Why did we bother?". I think of you two as being ahead of the game with green technology, so was this a "special" sort of boiler or a bog standard replacement for whatever you had before?
Need to know for when my boiler packs in!

You need to know because you're nosy, and quite rightly too. 
Poor P, his main aim in replacing the boiler now was to save me grief when he's pushing up daisies. He has said those very 'why did we bother 'words this morning.  It will sort itself out in time I'm sure

P considered a hydrogen compatible one at one time I think and he  read somewhere that all modern boilers have the capability to be converted to hydrogen in the future should the infrastructure go in that direction . Looking at nextdoor's £18K air source heat pump jobbie, he decided we'd both be long gone before amortising that amount of money so we went with like for like, a gas boiler, this time a Worcester Bosch. Being only a 3 bed bungalow we didn't need anything fancy. It would be lovely if it worked  Rolleyes  ATM even with gas prices increasing, the solar panels fund our energy costs.   This might change with any further fuel cost increases though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by JJB - 10-06-2022, 02:57 PM