2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yet another tale of woe, plumbing related.

Drawing off the hot water this morning I noticed it looked a bit tainted. P thinks the hot water tank, which is some 20 yrs old, has a leak or hole which is allowing the inhibitor from the heating system to get into the hot water tank. Not caused directly by boiler replacement but as a result of. Inhibitor is, I believe, is quite a powerful chemical, so whilst there is a doubt I'm not happy washing up or showering in it. Boiling kettles looks to be my future for a while. Another problem is that the new boiler pipework has boxed in the old tank, so notwithstanding the hassle and cost of a new hot water cylinder, all the new pipework will have to be undone in order to replace the cylinder. P is holding his head in his hands (metaphorically) and asking 'why me'. I'm just so pleased he seems to have one inkling of what's going on. I have no idea what I would do if I was on my own.

On a happier note the sun is shining and it's ideal gardening weather and I'm going to pick my first outdoor tomato today.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by JJB - 10-06-2022, 10:29 AM