2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-05-2022, 08:51 AM)JJB Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:46 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 11:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: I saw a post on the local neighbourhood watch page about some chicks that had been hatched at a local school but were, apparently, going to be taken away on Friday and destroyed. The lady who posted this said her daughter was on placement at the school and was horrified about this - could anyone give these chicks a home? Two people forwarded the message to me asking for help!!
I messaged the only person I know locally who keeps hens and ducks and asked her if she could take them - and she said YES. Big Grin  Hope it all works out well as I was piggy in the middle of the arrangements.
Before you ask, there was no way that I could cope with a brood of chicks, half of which would turn out to be cockerels.
I have some very strong options about this. I’ll keep them to myself as not to offend.
FYI. I side with the chicks 

well done for helping rescue them veggie    Heart .

Wholeheartedly agree. Even in the name of education,  I can't see the sense in rearing only to destroy. I can understand rearing to eat, to demonstrate where our food comes from but not the other.
Now why couldn’t I of put it that diplomatically   Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Small chilli - 12-05-2022, 06:39 PM