2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Today I actually did what I had planned to do for the day, which is a novelty! Rolleyes

I fired up the chainsaw and cut up a load of logs I had been hoarding. The majority of these logs I then chopped up into usable log size for my woodburner. Some of them were unseasoned and when I tried to split them the axe just bounced off them. Those ones were piles in a heap for to season for a couple of monthe, the others were wheelbarrowed to my storage area which is close to the house.
I am heating one room and keeping it toasty, with wood alone. Because of the threatened hike in gas and electricity prices, I only put the heating on just before I have a shower, to warm the bathroom up a bitSmile I need to order some more wood but what I have cut today should last a week or two.

The second planned item was taking some Chrysanthemum cuttings. I took six cuttings and put them around the edge of a 100mm pot. The compost was watered prior and after I added the cuttings I put a freezer bag over the pot and cuttings and just stood it on the windowsill. I have a heated propagator but shall see if the cuttings strike without heat as there are loads more to come and I can use the propagator if necessary.
I am on a water fast today so I will be interested to see how I cope with Box/core this evening which is a high intensity session! Huh

Tomorow if its bright and not windy I hope to be able to patch up the felt on my shed roof which was ripped and  blown off in the last storm. I have some bitumastic paint which I may utilise whilst putting the jigsaw of felt back where it came from. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Veggie - 31-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - by Vinny - 03-02-2022, 06:47 PM