Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Obviously! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just had 2 policemen here to take our fingerprints. That’s not happened to me before.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(15-02-2022, 08:19 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Just had 2 policemen here to take our fingerprints. That’s not happened to me before.
Are you a suspect in a crime SC ?   Big Grin
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My car was nicked off the drive years ago. The police spotted the car, abandoned, and drove it home for me. They took my fingerprints to eliminate them from the other prints they'd found in the car.
The officer looked carefully at my prints and said that he'd seen clearer prints from plasterers - and what did I do for a living to make mine so indistinct!!
Don't think he believed that I was a Civil Servant. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Bren Offline
When our car was taken from the drive we didn't even get a visit  Sad   just a crime number.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
No one would want mine it's 17 + years old, but it's very precious to me, I want a replacement but I don't like the modern cars so I'll keep it going as long as I can.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine was an old Metro. I didn't even know it was missing until the police woke us up about 6am, and asked if I was the owner of a red Metro. Just behind was the empty spot where my car had been parked and, across the road, was my car!
At the time you could get a sticker for your car window that said "If this car is being driven between the hours of 1am and 6am it has been stolen and the police can stop the car" or something like that. Apparently, the police spotted the car being driven erratically (unlike my driving Wink) and pulled it over. The lad driving it, ran away, having hotwired the car, and the police were able to drive it back to me.
I'd be happy to display one of those stickers now - they were a great idea.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-02-2022, 12:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Mine was an old Metro. I didn't even know it was missing until the police woke us up about 6am, and asked if I was the owner of a red Metro. Just behind was the empty spot where my car had been parked and, across the road, was my car!
At the time you could get a sticker for your car window that said "If this car is being driven between the hours of 1am and 6am it has been stolen and the police can stop the car" or something like that. Apparently, the police spotted the car being driven erratically (unlike my driving Wink) and pulled it over. The lad driving it, ran away, having hotwired the car, and the police were able to drive it back to me.
I'd be happy to display one of those stickers now - they were a great idea.
I had my car stolen from the pub car park I used to work at. I contacted the police. They didn’t have to do much. The cheeky buggers that nicked it brought it back and parked it in the same place.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Many years ago, a team of us went to Harlech, North Wales for a few days, working nearby. We hired a car as none of us had a car big enough for 4 and a load of paperwork and hired it in the name of the Team leader, our boss. He drove up and parked in the Castle carpark where he could see the car from his bedroom window. After a meal and a few drinks, Trevor, one of the team, asked the Boss for the car keys as he'd left something in the car. He collected it and gave the keys back to the Boss.
Following morning, Boss man comes down to breakfast in a panic "the car's been pinched". We thought he'd forgotten where he'd parked it, or even what sort of car it was, so we all went out into the carpark and walked up and down the rows, looking. Gradually, cars were being driven away and there were very few cars left. Finally, the Boss spotted his car, parked in an out of the way corner. He was so relieved but we kept asking him how could he forget where he'd parked it.
This went on for hours until he twigged that Trevor had moved it the night before.Smile

Poor man, you had to feel sorry for him, he was so gullible!
The next morning, he believed it had snowed in the night because he couldn't see out of his bedroom window. Norty Trevor, who had the room next door, had squirted shaving foam over the window!! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Police have just been back again to take DNA.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie