2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Today I actually did what I had planned to do for the day, which is a novelty! Rolleyes

I fired up the chainsaw and cut up a load of logs I had been hoarding. The majority of these logs I then chopped up into usable log size for my woodburner. Some of them were unseasoned and when I tried to split them the axe just bounced off them. Those ones were piles in a heap for to season for a couple of monthe, the others were wheelbarrowed to my storage area which is close to the house.
I am heating one room and keeping it toasty, with wood alone. Because of the threatened hike in gas and electricity prices, I only put the heating on just before I have a shower, to warm the bathroom up a bitSmile I need to order some more wood but what I have cut today should last a week or two.

The second planned item was taking some Chrysanthemum cuttings. I took six cuttings and put them around the edge of a 100mm pot. The compost was watered prior and after I added the cuttings I put a freezer bag over the pot and cuttings and just stood it on the windowsill. I have a heated propagator but shall see if the cuttings strike without heat as there are loads more to come and I can use the propagator if necessary.
I am on a water fast today so I will be interested to see how I cope with Box/core this evening which is a high intensity session! Huh

Tomorow if its bright and not windy I hope to be able to patch up the felt on my shed roof which was ripped and  blown off in the last storm. I have some bitumastic paint which I may utilise whilst putting the jigsaw of felt back where it came from. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Evening everybody.
It’s been a bit of an odd day. Not only have I done a full 8 hour days work. Which is pretty unheard of these days (unless it’s playing in the garden or building). I’ve also had to give a statement to the police!.
Some broke in to both the properties I’ve just taken over house keeping. They took very little and nothing of any really value and no damage done.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
How odd!! "Have they sacked anyone recently?" asked Agatha Chicken. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: How odd!! "Have they sacked anyone recently?" asked Agatha Chicken. Smile
Agatha chicken is very good at her job  Wink
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You can always call on Agatha Chicken when a crime needs solving. Anything from minor peckadillos to finding the bad egg hiding amongst the good ones. Many a worm has tried to escape but they get dragged before the Beak and sent down.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Morning All Smile
I'm stuck indoors at the moment because the garage door men are here, fitting a new side door and cladding the front of the garage. The dogs aren't impressed by all the banging and would like to get out and savage their kneecaps (the men's kneecaps, not theirs).
At least its not raining today - probably start once they've gone home!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Broadway

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The day has run away with me, as usual. Up late, breakfast late. Then had to pack up an Amazon return. Not returned anything to Amazon before so sorting out what to do was taxing. Will know it for next time though, its relatively easy. Couldn't get the item back in its box because it wouldn't fit (P unpacked it and couldn't remember how it went in - numpty). OK, I like puzzles so it was down to me to sort. P started to dismantle it but as it came intact it should go in the box intact! Spent half an hour putting it back together after P's dismantling and finally figured how to pack it. Whew. Toddled off at 12.20 to the post office only to find its closed for lunch till 12.45. Home again, home again jiggety-jig (remember that one?) Will go back again later. Not really enough time to go out and replant raspberries before lunch, as I had planned. So there's my morning gone. I'm having a cuppa before going to the post office again. Then it'll be lunch time. A list wouldn't have helped me today. Sad I suppose I could hoover....nah not going to happen Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Garage door men have left and, its raining!!
I've heard the bossman's life history - again, most of it while I stood outside in the rain. The good news is that the cot has been reassembled - just have to decide where to put it - its bigger than I thought.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, MartinH, Small chilli

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(07-02-2022, 03:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: Garage door men have left and, its raining!!
I've heard the bossman's life history - again, most of it while I stood outside in the rain. The good news is that the cot has been reassembled - just have to decide where to put it - its bigger than I thought.
Just wondering?..............what are you planning on doing with a cot? Huh Or should I not have asked! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cot = Raised bed. Smile Obviously!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB