2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
HAVE A LAUGH ON ME!

You all know I hail from moonraker country, here's why (sort of).

Our bedroom looks out onto the back garden. Fom our window we can see the lower garden, the 'summerhouse' (a grand name for a chalet type shed) and beyond a hedge, the roofs of the greenhouses and the front half of a glazed potting shed type of building.

Going to bed last night about midnight, as I was shuttling down the house, bearing in mind it was pitch dark, P shouted from the bedroom, 'There's a light on in the greenhouse!' 'Can't be' says I, 'I haven't been in it today'. Notice it is always implied that it's my fault. I toddles in to have a look and sure enough there's a light up the garden. Further figuring reveals its not the gh (the only structure with leccy) but the potty shed. We both figure it can't be the moon, its too low down and it's quite dark. I confirm it by checking on the digital weather station saying moonset was at 6.43. Plus the fact we've never seen the moon do that before. We put shoes on with the intention of traipsing up the garden to make sure no one was nicking the shed stuff, me in the the lead as usual in these situations. I get outside and look up and what do I see? A nearly full moon just poking out from heavy clouds, shining on and reflecting off the angled windows of the potty shed. We were both killing ourselves with laughter all the way to bedtime Big Grin
The time of moonset is 06.43 in the morning, not evening, Numpty! I defend myself by pointing out that a while ago we commented that the moonset was in the early evening, strangely. By the time we got back to the bedroom, the light had gone out........I wonder why? Smile Silly Wiltshire moonrakers!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, MartinH, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Kato and I have just came back from a walk around Smiddy Shaw Reservoir. Cool Naturally its full to the brim with water so it was a reasonably long walk. Gunna try a half hour Tabata session from youtube and see if the leg holds up soon. Huh If so, it will mean I can get back to my Box/Core and Rockfit workouts planned for Wednesday. I am having withdrawal symptoms as workouts ceased before Christmas and then I did my leg in so haven't been able to go for nearly a month. Rolleyes

My Daughter has challenged me to a game of Scrabble later at her place, so that's the rest of the day accounted for! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
JJB, I can see a huge light in the sky in the east, just above your head. I think you're left the light on again.Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, MartinH

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm leaving it on, safe in the knowledge its not my leccy Smile especially so you can see when you're out in the dark, see how kind I am.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just read that the Isle of Mull has one of the highest pass rates if you want to sit your Driving test (and visit SP). Unfortunately someone will still be a failure!
https://www.ladbible.com/community/woman...46kLRXcIZo
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Morning all

Doggie walking then shopping with daughter later. I need to find summat exciting to make for lunch, or may even treat my daughter to a lunch out somewhere. Decisions,decisions. Big Grin
TTFN
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Definitely choose treat daughter, it will make her day.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(18-01-2022, 06:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just read that the Isle of Mull has one of the highest pass rates if you want to sit your Driving test (and visit SP). Unfortunately someone will still be a failure!

And yet she feels confident she should be let loose behind the wheel on public roads! You wonder where she wanted to drive to that had no roundabouts, the mind boggles.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Afternoon All. Smile
I've had a bookish sort of day and thought I'd share it with you!
Yesterday, on the freebie site, someone asked for hardback books for her husband who wanted to expand his collection. When asked what sort of books - she said "Anything". I started off with one carrier bag of unwanted books for him and by this morning, and pick up time, it had grown to 5 bags.
When they came to collect his wife told me that he has 6400 books (on a spreadsheet) and he still wants more for his man-cave!
I offered him a set of children's encyclopedias that I had as a kid (you can imagine how old they areWink) and he got quite excited - about the quality of the binding, their condition and so on. It was a pleasure to give them to him. I even got invited to "shimmy round his mancave". Big Grin
This afternoon, I collected the yogurt maker and went to Morries for some live yogurt to start it off. There was a man in a wheelchair looking at the charity book stand. Not just looking but picking up books and piling them up in a heap beside him. I couldn't help commenting on the assortment he had so and he said "You'll think I'm crazy but I don't want to read them but to stack up to support a shelf. I'll looking for the thickest books for sale.". Cue Veggie, bending down to the bottom shelf, that he couldn't reach and pulling out all the big unwanted books for him.
He decided that 10 books were enough for his project and asked me to put them in the bag on the back of his wheelchair.............but, it was full of bottles of pop and the rest of his shopping and I could only get a few books in. I packed the rest into one of my shopping bags and put it on his lap where he could hold it in place with his useless right arm (stroke apparently).
We left the store together, doing the pointless, After you, No After You until we reached the carpark.
The moral of this story is - everyone needs books, Kindles just aren't versatile enough!
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, MartinH, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-01-2022, 06:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just read that the Isle of Mull has one of the highest pass rates if you want to sit your Driving test (and visit SP). Unfortunately someone will still be a failure!
That did raise a few eyebrows around the island. Especially the fact she rocked up 24 hours before her test without a car.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie