2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
^^^^^^^^^^ Veggie, G & g's very own Miss Marple!!! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Veggie I've never owned a brolly, they put me on edge especially when 2 people holding one each come towards me on the pavement.
I'm sure they're going to poke my eyes out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(19-12-2022, 06:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: Umbrellas!! This may be my new swear word substitute. I've never liked umbrellas and, it seems, they don't like me.
Yesterday, in Morries, I had to park a long, long way from the store because there were lots of people panic buying stuff. It was raining heavily, so, rather than go shopping looking like a drowned rat (my Mum's expression) .............etc etc
Guess what I found today???

Not an umbrella but a drowned rat Sick It was in a trug of apples - damaged ones that I'd thrown in there to eventually compost. Unfortunately for the rat, the trug had filled up with water in the recent downpours and it was like Apple bobbing in there. I assume the rat couldn't get out.
Apart from that, its been an OK day. Did some washing, watered the GHs, had a wander, spotted the daffodils pushing their heads up into the light, found a radish in the random patch.. Nice to be able to be outdoors without shivering or an "umbrella".
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Are you ready for tomorrow?
I am Big Grin
Went to Morries this afternoon in search of YS for tomorrow's meal. Picked up lots of roast veg - ready prepared in foil trays. Not a lot of bargains. One customer told me that he'd just come from Tesco's where the turkeys had been reduced by 75%. In Ye Olde Days, I would have done a brief foray around all the local supermarkets but can't be bothered now. The freezers are full to bursting so there's no room for more cheap stuff.
Did manage an OLIO collection tonight though - various meat dishes, salads and bread rolls. Every little helps the Moneyless Chicken survive Christmas!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(24-12-2022, 09:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: Are you ready for tomorrow?
I am Big Grin
Went to Morries this afternoon in search of YS for tomorrow's meal. Picked up lots of roast veg - ready prepared in foil trays. Not a lot of bargains. One customer told me that he'd just come from Tesco's where the turkeys had been reduced by 75%. In Ye Olde Days, I would have done a brief foray around all the local supermarkets but can't be bothered now. The freezers are full to bursting so there's no room for more cheap stuff.
Did manage an OLIO collection tonight though - various meat dishes, salads and bread rolls. Every little helps the Moneyless Chicken survive Christmas!

Enjoy your YS beans on toast Veggie
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Thanks JJB but I'll be having YS roast carrots and parsnips with sprouts and chestnuts (90p the lot) for a change. Big Grin
Enjoy yours too. Big Grin
  • Broadway, JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(25-12-2022, 12:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: Thanks JJB but I'll be having YS roast carrots and parsnips with sprouts and chestnuts (90p the lot)  for a change. Big Grin
Enjoy yours too. Big Grin
Finished my carrots and parsnips in the frying pan with olive oil and honey! They were very tasty! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
My 30p carrots & parsnips came with glazes too - carrots had honey and marmalade and the parsnips had honey and mustard. The carrots took ages to cook as they were tough old things - some huge carrots cut in half with little squidgy slivers so they didn't cook evenly. Ended up cutting them into smaller pieces and microwaving them. The parsnips were nice though. Sprouts and chestnuts done in the microwave were OK.
Beans and toast would have been far more enjoyable. Big Grin
  • Broadway, JJB

Bren Offline
We had honey and mustard roasted sprouts for the first time this evening,
I'm always going to cook them that way from now on.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Not long to go, Folks. Big Grin I'm only staying up in case there are fireworks that upset the dogs.
Anyone seeing 2023 in in style?