2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Evening all!

Going to see one of my grandkids at their Christmas play tomorrow so I will be off to bed once I hae finished this post. Smile I have to be at the school which is about 40 miles from where I live by 9.45am. Cry
No idea where school is so will hvae to rely on sat nav on my phone. Need to walk Kato first, then de-ice the car and clear snow which is forecast for this evening, then drive to the school in rush hour.

An early start which  am not relishing! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I left 2 plastic watering cans with some water in outside and forgot about them. They are both burst now. I've never bothered emptying plastic waterbutts but could they burst do you think?
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I dunno Mark, but I expect I'll find out when the thaw comes, I've got 12 of them Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Mark thanks for the heads up. I’ve got 2 frozen watering cans in my GH, it’s the first time they’ve frozen. I’ll bring them into the lean-too it’s slightly warmer there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Glad to say my watering can is now emptySmile

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Went to the farmer's market today for some eggs and she was selling sprigs of holly with a few berries on for £3 each. The blackbirds and fieldfare have eaten a small fortune of berries, on top of all the apples they are eating. Went to see what the apples still hanging on a cooking tree were like but they were all soft. I'll try the bramley on the ground - when I can pick them up as they are currently stuck, as is the lid to the composter I want to add the kitchen stuff to. Hopefully it will all thaw over the next couple of days.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another nippy day! Went to Morries for some bits and pieces - it was heaving with a few empty spaces on the shelves. The "Gifts" aisle was packed with people dithering about whether some distant relative would prefer this or that aftershave/perfume or box of chocolates. I wanted to say "Forget the presents and buy something nice for yourself".........but I didn't.
I did buy a YS hanging basket, planted with ?begonias and something else, reduced from £10 to £1 and a Cistus for 50p. They're the "something nice I bought myself". Big Grin Hope they survive the night in the GH.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Proserpina, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Early morning dog walking then did the treble with Boot Camp at 9.00am then Barre 10.00am and finished up doing an abs workout at 11.00am Smile Went to Morries after that  on the hunt for yellow stickered stuff Rolleyes Got quite a bit of fish related stuff cheaply! Cool

Came home and watched the Newcastle game. Another long walk with Kato after that and now I am settled down watching this evenings boxing. Just watched a 6 foot 7 inch Geordie heavyweight with no skill, knock out a 6 foot 7 Scotsman who had won 5 fights by knockout! Big Grin

Barre again tomorrow morning so can't be too late to bed! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Morning everyone
Road trip today with friends. Actually leaving the island! First time in over 12 months. Mind you, I don’t remember the last time I left the village. Off to Fort William so Bob can hopefully get the vehicle we’re going up there to view. We’ll be doing a shop to stock up cupboards.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 7 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Umbrellas!! This may be my new swear word substitute. I've never liked umbrellas and, it seems, they don't like me.
Yesterday, in Morries, I had to park a long, long way from the store because there were lots of people panic buying stuff. It was raining heavily, so, rather than go shopping looking like a drowned rat (my Mum's expression) I rummaged around in the car and found an umbrella, which may have been my Mum's. Its one of those little handbag-sized brollies that folds down into 3 parts and, I don't think its ever been opened up.
Has to be simple, thought I, as I pushed and pulled on the spokes, getting more wet by the second. I took cover in the trolley parking area so that I could pretend I just there for a trolley and not to fight with a silly little umbrella.
Finally, it was up and I trundled trolley and brolly to the store. Stopped just outside, gave the brolly a good shake and tried to collapse it.........and I tried and I tried.......and failed. Somewhat embarrassed, I plonked the brolly in the trolley, where it formed a roof, and pushed it into the store, to get away from the queue of shoppers that had built up behind me, .
Its said to be unlucky to put an umbrella up indoors but, for me, this was not so. Under the beady eye of the store security man, I managed to collapse the brolly and put it back in a corner of the trolley. That's it, I thought, I know how to do this- it won't happen again.
Of course it did happen again - on the way back to the car - and, in disgust, I chucked the brolly, still up, on top of my shopping in the back of the car and came home - and that's where it stayed overnight.
Today, I went out to pick up a few small freebies and was invited to take anything I wanted from the piles of stuff in the living room (house moving time). I chose 2 sets of plastic drawers on castors (for  the GH), carried one lot to the car, opened the hatchback and there, laughing at me, was the blessed umbrella!
The husband of the house was beside me, with the other set of drawers. He took one look at the umbrella, worked a spell, and the thing folded down neatly.
I felt like one of those stoopid old biddies who can't even close an umbrella. Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles with them (if you're still awakeWink).
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli