2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Most of day yesterday sat drinking tea and watching the birds. At this time of year, we are regularly visited by fieldfares, mainly I think for all the hedgerow berries and windfall apples. I counted 6 lady blackbirds on the lawn at one time with several fieldfares trying to chase them off. The holly trees were loaded with berries only last week but now they have all gone. I spread some of the apples out so they can all get to them.
My son and daughter visited last weekend and took enough cuttings of holly and various pines to make several wreaths each.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Morning everyone
I’m hoping today turns out considerably better than yesterday. Bobs L200s engine blow up. That’s the end of that. More money needs spending we haven’t got  Angry . While I was spring cleaning yesterday with my friend she got a phone call for school because her son’s fallen and hurt his arm. So obviously she had to leave to meet the ambulance at the hospital. Turns out the poor lad has broken his humerus and fractured his elbow. Just to add insult to injury it was his 13th birthday . That’ll be a birthday he’ll never forget!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Afternoon all.
I had an unexpected workout yesterday evening from about 7.00pm! My boxing session had been cancelled so I was at home when I got a knock on the door from someone with a load of hardwood logs for me. The last lot of logs I got from him were on the small side so I asked him if in the future he could supply me with 1 foot (300mm) logs to suit the size of my log burner. This was months ago and he said he would put aside these longer logs unti he had enough for a load.I wasn't expecting him but was obliged to accept the load because he had took the time to source the longer logs. Smile

The reason I had to barrow & stack them straight away was because I am expecting a delivery this week from a guy I have been getting logs from for ages! Apart from the fact he would have nowhere to dump them, I didn't want him taking uppance that I had sourced another supplier. What the eye doesn't see, the heart won't grieve over Rolleyes
Still managed to finish loading and stacking in time to watch the second half of the Argentina game where little Messi shone on the evening. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Oh dear, not a very good day SC. It was my birthday yesterday as well. The worst that every happened to me was that my 13th birthday was on a Friday and was in the middle of Christmas school exams from then till my birthday was next on a Friday in the 6th form. I'd much rather that than breaking my arm in at least 2 places, doesn't sound good.

The sun is shining now but had to go out this morning. The temp in the car never went above -8C all the way there and back by 10:30. It's warmed up a bit now, just checked it is -2C.
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Happy Birthday for yesterday, Mark. Do you think T&M gave you those seeds as a birthday present?
Not sure how my day is going yet, as my car is in for its MOT. My neighbour (who has a garage) took it to work this morning. He may not be very pleased about that as I expect it was iced over like the other nearby cars are.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Happy birthday for yesterday Mark.

What a horrible day your friend's boy had, I bet that hurt.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-12-2022, 02:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: Happy Birthday for yesterday, Mark. Do you think T&M gave you those seeds as a birthday present?
Not sure how my day is going yet, as my car is in for its MOT. My neighbour (who has a garage) took it to work this morning. He may not be very pleased about that as I expect it was iced over like the other nearby cars are.
My neighbour has just brought my car back, with a Pass certificate Big Grin He didn't mention the ice and I forgot to ask. He had his dog on his shoulder as he takes him to the garage most days to keep an eye on things. Its a Cavadoodle and he goes everywhere with John, including riding pillion on his BMW, wearing goggles! As soon as he sees the bike on the drive, he jumps up on the back seat and waits to see if he's going for a ride. 
John also has an African Grey parrot who lives in the conservatory, overlooking my garden. Apparently it now says "Brrr, its cold in here". It has also found out how to turn the TV on by asking "Alexa,". Sometimes, Alexa replies with "I don't understand that question" - or something.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
Oh no SC, that sounds terrible about the engine! Sad

Happy belated birthday Mark!

I'd love a cavadoodle - they are so cute! I'd hate a parrot though - too noisy!
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Very cold here this morning, -9C. Going to bake some bread so hopefully the kitchen will warm up a bit.
  • JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I might have told you that a few weeks ago, someone rear-ended my car and essentially wrote it off (it's not worth much money, and it would cost more to fix it, than it's worth). I've bought a new (to me) car, and investigated with a few scrap car dealers what they'd pay for my old one. Disappointingly, no one has got back to me.

Today, working from home, I was in the office when I heard Jay go to the door, and I could hear a few words out of the conversation through my office window. Turns out that someone knocked on the door wanting to buy the old car! I got a couple of hundred for it, which is the scrap value, so I'm very happy with that. He's already taken it away!
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny