2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Respect to you Pros, we all realise how much we depend on professionals like you. Nights can't be easy.

Hello folks I'm back, actually on the ferry home as we speak. I've had a week (well nearly) of no Internet. Its amazing how much a part of life it is and how much you miss it when it's not available. I've been going 'cold turkey'. According to my neighbour, I believe the post has brought the seed swap package, so I'm itching to get home to open it. Thanks in advance Veggie and everyone in the swap. I'm off to browse the threads to see what's been going on for the last few days and which particular madcap scheme V eggie has hatched recently. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Welcome nearly home, JJB. We've missed you - its been so quiet without you. Big Grin
I do have a loony plan for 2023 but I haven't shared it yet. Not sure that I understand it myself so not point offloading it on you lot yet.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(07-12-2022, 04:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Welcome nearly home, JJB. We've missed you - its been so quiet without you. Big Grin
I do have a loony plan for 2023 but I haven't shared it yet. Not sure that I understand it myself so not point offloading it on you lot yet.

No change there then V. Just so long as you don't persuade me to join in. Big Grin
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I doubt that I can persuade anyone to join in, although there may be some who do it already. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Teaser Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just for you, Jen, I'm prepared to share. Big Grin
I'm trying to convert my Roots, Shoots, Fruits, leaves & flowers sowing plan to the Roots, Flowers and Leaves plan that is used in Biodynamic Gardening aka Sowing with the Moon. I've bought the 2023 Biodynamic Calendar to see how it works but I'm so confused by moon phases and other lunar terms that I think the only way I can do it is looking to see what group can be sown on the day and ignore all the clever stuff.
I have until 1st January to work it out. Big Grin
I can't say that I believe it will make a difference but, if I don't try. I won't know (one of my mottos). .
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Madness, sheer madness Big Grin no you'll not see me joining in there. Don't do change very easily and I have trouble doing what I normally do without added complication. It doesn't stop me enjoying watching you though. Soldier on.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I know 'Moon Gardening' has been around for eons and some folk swear by it.

It won't happen in my lifetime but I believe our species will be gardening ON the moon at some point in the future! Big Grin (I wonder if they will be using Earth gardening techniques?)
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You're probably right, Vinny - they're already growing lettuces in space. Big Grin

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Today I went trout fishing at a moorland reservoir, in the snow, with a temperature of minus 2 degrees and got sunburnt on my face! Big Grin

No fish caught,but such a pictureque setting, not a cloud in the sky and so peaceful, it made for a memorable day, especially as both my sons were with me for a bit of family bonding. Cool

PS Should have been in the 'What I did today' thread.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie