2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(16-06-2022, 10:13 PM)JJB Wrote: .........as Veggie gets knocked out by a flying tub of ice cream and ends up in A & E  Big Grin
"when a stale pork pie, caught her in the eye and Veggie bit the dust...........Veggie, Veggie and she drives the fastest wheelbarrow in the west!"

(apologies to Ernie)
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Morning everyone
As it’s hissing it down again this morning. I’ll be trying to work out how many roofing sheets are needed. Which involves working out the angles of tarpizoid. Anyone good at maths? There’s supposed to be some sun this afternoon. So I’ll be ready to go play in the garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Don't ask me maths questions first thing in the morning - or at any other time. I think Mark Riga has a knack for this.............which reminds me, it'll soon be the summer equinox. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Hello all. I've been on nights all week so far. Thankfully not back in tonight and have the weekend off. My poor garden has been alarmingly neglected in the heat. I really need to get out and do some watering but I'm so tired and it's so hot! Maybe in an hour or two...

I have left the greenhouse door open since Tuesday morning, so hopefully that will have helped a bit with the heat. It's so hard to motivate myself to get up and down the garden twice a day while on nights, especially the very busy nights we've had this week. People really need to stop being poorly. It's awfully inconsiderate of them to be unwell when I'm on-call Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Happy Summer Solstice, or it Equinox, Mark? Big Grin
The good news is, we'll have the most hours of daylight today for a year. the bad news is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the nights start drawing in tomorrow.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Soon be Chri....... hush, wash my mouth out with soap. I'll be banned for using bad language
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Well I was away for the week beginning 11th Jun so the GH wasn't watered that week - which just happened to be a bit of a heat wave here (which hadn't been forecast before we left). I gave it a good watering before going and put a thick mulch throughout. Most of the plants looked OK when we arrived back but there were a couple of tomatoes drooping a bit - but that could be because the soil isn't brilliant in there for tomatoes. I've had 7 cucumbers this last week from 2 plants.
We were in Devon with my daughter and grandson for the week and had a good time till taking them to get the train back to London, Chris fell on the platform and broke her arm which is still very swollen. She has been quite grumpy all week.Hopefully the fracture clinic will sort her out next week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Poor Chris Sad I don't blame her for being grumpy. Hope its more comfortable soon.  Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Morning all. Spotted this in the news this morning-

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/loc...7_MJf9Ksnk

Good for them, I have adopted the same regime in part of my own garden Cool

Jobs for to day are to get my strawberry jam jarred up and hoover the downstairs as Kato is in full moulting mode Cry

Allotment later after Kato's walk where I will be lifting garlic and shallots and taking scapes off elephant garlic. I may lift a single elephant garlic to see how they are doing as well? Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Today was a day of mixed emotions!
Driving up to some traffic lights, a police bike, blue lights flashing, pulled in front of me and flagged me to stop. I was actually just at the lights, which were red.
The bike pulled out into the middle of the crossroads and stopped all the traffic from moving.
I could see blue lights coming up behind me, and sirens wailing, so I thought there must have been an accident somewhere. More police bikes came, then a police car............followed by a funeral hearse, followed by a fire engine, an ambulance, paramedic car and more police cars.
As the hearse passed me, I remembered whose funeral it was. A young lad, who had spent his life in a wheelchair and was obsessed with emergency services world wide. He collected all sorts of badges, caps, uniform from all over the world. Sadly, his short life has come to an end but the emergency services had turned out to accompany him on his final journey. I was quite moved by it all , almost forgot to move off when the lights changed for the umpteenth time. Little did I know that, behind me at the lights, were  2 American police cars  - Los Angeles Aggressive Speed Control or something, covered in flags and a number of Bikers, all on their way to the service.
I drove a little further into Morries car park and parked alongside an empty space, apart from a shopping trolley that was being unloaded by a Morries employee. There was a gift wrapped hamper of food in the trolley so, in my usual nosey way, I asked if I'd won a prize. She said that it was a gift for the local health centre to thank them for all they do. Felt quite emotional again!
Finally made it into the store, did some yellow sticker shopping and, passing the butcher's counter, spotted a lady being passed a huge mound of meat on a tray, which she put in her trolley. The  butcher then gave her a second parcel. Edging closer I could see it was marked 17p.
Old nosey again, had to ask how she managed to get such a bargain - "Its for the foxes" she said "Sweetpea gives it to me". The butcher (who she calls Sweetpea!) called over and said "She feeds the foxes with it".
I can tell you this, I could have fed a family of humans for a week on that meat. Although it was scrappy, lots of fat and probably bones too, there was also lean meat in there. So, if any of you want cheap meat from Morries, tell them you feed foxes and you may be lucky. Big Grin
So many kindhearted people I've met in one afternoon. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Vinny