2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Morning all. Off soon to my first taste of Bellfit Flow for an hour then an hour of Barre! I always feel envigorated after a barre session and the coach advised me to try the Bellyfit Flow as it is Yoga based and is supposedly very uplifting? Huh We shall see. It's really geared towards women but if nowt else it will bring out the feminine side in me.  Rolleyes

With all these fitness regimes I am doing I am as fit as a butchers dog and I feel supple and fexible. I need to keep going to keep beating my two Son's at arm wrestling! Can't give these younguns an inch! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(11-06-2022, 10:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: JJB - I need to know...........did P's friend arrive and did he notice the dirt?
Pros .....................................did your parents arrive and did they notice the dirt?

I'm so glad that nobody wants to visit me. Big Grin
My house still looks like I just moved in - none of my own furniture, still working my way up to stripping all the wallpaper. Still not rewired. Still no properly functioning kitchen. That means I can get away with a lot! The rooms in regular use (living room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway) were all as tidy as they could be in their current state, though I did have laundry hanging in the bathroom and a suspiciously large pile of just-done washing up in the kitchen Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
If you do visit, Jen, bring your own cake and come when its courgette season. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(12-06-2022, 10:50 AM)Veggie Wrote: If you do visit, Jen, bring your own cake and come when its courgette season. Big Grin

You're not foisting your courgettes on me woman, I (will) have enough of my own!

PS to those of you of a certain age. We are currently listening to an episode of The Navy Lark.  I'm too young to remember it of course,  but P is feeling nostalgic.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I remember the Navy Lark and Round the Horne, when I was too young to understand all the double entendre in it. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Morning All. Big Grin
Thought I'd share my  morning with you - its a bit like JJB's day of late.
Get up, have a shower, put on all clean clothes as I knew I was popping out later and my gardening jeans were rather grubby.
First job, even before breakfast - open the GHs and water if needed.
The toms in GH 2 looked a bit thirsty so I thought I'd give them a treat with added HotBin glug. Picked up the plastic container and gave it a good shake to mix the contents. That was my mistake!!
The handle broke off in my hand and the Glug shot out, covering me, my clothes, into my clogs, with strong brown liquid. The Container had fallen on the floor and shattered, the glug covered the path but missed the toms and the beds completely. What a waste!
I threw my shoes in the waterbutt but my socks (one of my favourite pairs with giraffes and leopards on) were sodden.
By the time I'd reached the house, my skin had turned brown!!
Straight into the shower and clothes in the wash.
The one good thing is...............it doesn't stink like comfrey tea and, with a bit of luck, I'll grow taller. Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
We had a good laugh at your expense there. 

Good job it hasn't got the nasty smell.  Look on the bright side, you've got a working shower.  I haven't had a bath or shower for nearly a week, comfrey tea might be an improvement.  I'm fed up with strip washing with having to boil the kettle and I've put off washing my hair as long as possible, it's a kitchen sink and kettle job this afternoon as I'm off out tomorrow.  How did we manage before showers Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
When will your water be safe to use, Jen? Hope its soon as I'm sure I can smell you when the wind's from the east. Big Grin
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It's not me, its the pig farm down the road.........I'm almost certain. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I joined you in the "Who smells the worst" competition this morning. Big Grin

Mrs Bronwen Brownhen had escaped from her day run and made her way up to the kitchen where I was having breakfast. She wanted the dog's food and they weren't impressed so I picked her up, tucked her under my arm and took her on a kitchen tour - even showed her G&G.
Since she only "escapes" when she wants to lay an egg. I put her down and we walked together down to her nest box.
As I walked back, alone, I felt a certain stickiness on my arm! Not just on my arm but on the Cow print T-shirt I was wearing for the first time. Thank you Bronwen, you're very generous with your excrement. Big Grin
  • JJB