Gardening shoes
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I need new shoes for the garden. My previous pairs have been the lad's old leather school shoes, but he's now got size 13 feet and is 33, so you can imagine how old his cast offs were. Then I bought some cheap boys school shoes which didn't last a season.  The new ones need to be easy to get on and off, waterproof or near enough and comfortable and preferably durable and cheap!

I wondered about some wellie shoes or some 'chelsea' boot type of wellies. Normal high topped wellies are out, no room in the porch.
Any suggestions? Anyone a fan of wellie shoes?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I wear cheap "crocs" for pottering and rigger boots for heavy work.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB

Spec Offline
I wear an old pair of trainers, my wellies and boots have cleated? soles which collects muck or stones and even cleaning my boots on a mat does not dislodge the muck, though to be honest once it dries I give them a shake out the back door, butwhen ever I put them on the muck/stones just seem to fall off especially if I am near a carpetRolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
I have cheap crocs, wellies, cut down wellies, and trainers
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
"Recommendations" Board opened just for you, JJB. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
I wear crocs most of the time then walking shoes if I'm digging up JA's or parsnips.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I have already have crocs for pootling and I've actually found some lace ups from my long gone mum (died 2010) and some hand me down loafers which are fairly substantial which might be ok. Failing that I might even buy some leather boys school shoes from tesco. I'll still have a look at wellie shoes.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have walking shoes from Decathlon for everyday and steel toe capped leather work boots for heavy jobs, wet weather, or where I might chop my toes off with the strimmer!
I use to potter in crocs or flip flops until I broke a toe sliding into a concrete block.
I wore out the sole of an expensive pair of very comfy horsey wellies in one spring, starting the veg garden ...
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have some of those Chelsea boot type welly shoes - don't like them. Too much faff to put on - lace up shoes are even worse. I like to be able to slip gardening shoes on and kick them off before coming indoors (don't always do that either.).
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I'm a great fan of crocs and clogs. My current clogs are cow print, broad clogs and so incredibly comfy. My fella very kindly bought me two more pairs of clogs that are a little more hard wearing, and they're pretty too, with flowers on them. But then he thinks I'm kooky and wear things no one else would lol Maybe so, but I'm comfy Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie