TV Gardening programmes
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I'm not much of TV viewer but I saw a review of a new programme that might be worth a look at - 
"Grow your own at home with Alan Titchmarsh" 
Filmed in the gardener's own homes during lockdown so may be a bit more realistic than some of the Gardening programmes. 

https://www.itv.com/hub/grow-your-own-at...a0153a0001
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Neffa, Stem20, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I will definitely give it a try, thanks Veggie.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
Not watching a gardening program for ages most have stately home sized gardens so that one might be ok. Thanks.
I did like Beechgrove though.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Vinny

Neffa Offline
I watched it. Full of expectations.
Expectations sadly not met as far as I was concerned.
I was hoping that, in these times of financial worry they might of at least showed some cheap and do able ways of GYO.
This is just my opinion.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have watched this one now. Its only half an hour and some of the presenters have tiny gardens. Not AT of course but his wife did the filming so that ,makes it different to the normal slick show. A few clips from last year's of other types of gardens. The boxes on the wall seemed like a daft and risky idea - even to me.
Overall opinion, worth watching while you have a coffee but I won't lose sleep if I miss the next episode.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
thanks for the feedback, AT sometimes gives me the pip. Not a lot of spare time, so prob won't bother to watch all of it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
It was a pleasant program?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
I miss Jim from beechgrove, it’s just not the same anymore. I’ve got into YouTube While on lockdown mainly watching cooking shows, I like seeing foods from around the world cooked by locals not our nitwits celebrity chefs spamming a free holiday. I’ve been loving watching Turkish Pide being made, Indian Kulfi, and Yemeni Kubaneh. I’ve loved the enthusiasm of Orsara recipes by Paquale Sciarappa, him making homemade Italian tomato sauce is great and so funny. My favourite though would be him drying sausages above the boiler hanging from the open window of his basement.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Neffa Offline
Just watched the second episode whilst OH having his nap.
Nope not impressed.
If I had loads of money for blacksmith created planters, good sized ready grown plants and a whimsy to grow things like hops I might be impressed.
Sadly, I’m one of the millions who don’t have much money to spend and try to provide from seeds and cuttings.

Than You to the creators of this site who show and provide fantastic info for those of us who don’t have a TV salary to play with.

X
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 4 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Admin Offline
The Boss
(03-06-2020, 04:21 PM)Neffa Wrote: Just watched the second episode whilst OH having his nap.
Nope not impressed.
If I had loads of money for blacksmith created planters, good sized ready grown plants and a whimsy to grow things like hops I might be impressed.
Sadly, I’m one of the millions who don’t have much money to spend and try to provide from seeds and cuttings.

Than You to the creators of this site who show and provide fantastic info for those of us who don’t have a TV salary to play with.

X

One day Neffa we will share how much this forum cost to set up, not to mention the endless sleepless nights and all the training required Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Neffa, Small chilli, Veggie