Fasting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I try to fast for 23 hours each day, not always successfully! Rolleyes I have done a 48 hour fast a couple of times. I just wondered whether anyone else on here fasted?

I would like to do a seven day fast soon but its a bit awkward with Christmas and New year upon us soon. Apparently a seven day fast is a good thing to do now and again.
There is a story about a man who was feeling suicidal and decided to starve himself to death. After three days fasting he felt great and his depression lifted and he decided against suicide. Fasting dioes have an effect on your well being and you supposedly don't feel hungry after the first couple of days. As long as you take your multivitimins and electrolyte tablets and try and drink 2 to 2.5 litres of liquid a day your body is at home feasting on your accumulated fat. Cool

Sounds a bit nutty I know so maybe Veggie can stick this in the nutty as a fruitcake thread! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've moved the thread but its not "Nutty", its daft!
Really don't understand why you want to do this?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Bren Offline
I know fasting wouldn't work for me I tend to eat or drink every couple of hours. 

Breakfast 7-8
Morning coffee 10
Lunch 12-ish
Afternoon tea and cake 3-ish
Dish of Fruit around 5- ish
Dinner 7 -ish

Warm drink 9 ish. Sometimes I'll have crackers later.  

I suppose I fast till morning but I don't think that counts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
(14-12-2021, 08:47 PM)Bren Wrote: I know fasting wouldn't work for me I tend to eat or drink every couple of hours. 

Breakfast 7-8
Morning coffee 10
Lunch 12-ish
Afternoon tea and cake 3-ish
Dish of Fruit around 5- ish
Dinner 7 -ish

Warm drink 9 ish. Sometimes I'll have crackers later.  

I suppose I fast till morning but I don't think that counts.
Yes of course it counts. You are doing a 10 hot fast. All I am doing is upping that time. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
I think it counts as cheating if I'm asleep  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
You won't enter ketosis in 10 hours but I think about 17 hours would start it and 24 hours would give complete ketosis. Being in ketosis for seven days should really burn some fat and give associated multiple benefits. Smile Its science! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
(14-12-2021, 06:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've moved the thread but its not "Nutty", its daft!
Really don't understand why you want to do this?
So , I take it I am on my own with this one? Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

toomanytommytoes Offline
The most I've done is intermittent fasting, which was OK. Surely fasting for 7 days you'll be losing muscle as well as fat, since with no protein intake the body has to get a source of amino acids from somewhere.
[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(14-12-2021, 09:54 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: The most I've done is intermittent fasting, which was OK. Surely fasting for 7 days you'll be losing muscle as well as fat, since with no protein intake the body has to get a source of amino acids from somewhere.
 I am not fully clued up on the science but  I only gain muscle and lose fat on 23 hour fasts so we'll see, if I finish up like a stick after 7 days,I won't do it again. Smile Anyway it won't be happening until after the Christmas festivities.

I might even do a daily bulletin on here to keep the inspiration going. Big Grin I would imagine fat would be burned first and muscles as a secondary burn if necessary?
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
I have watched loads of youtube videos from this guy who seems to know what he is on about and up to now he has ben right about stuff. Cool  Maybe this video will answer the protein question.............I dunno?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNoYz_UYHxA
  • Can the Man