Chromebook?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Anyone got one of these?

https://shop.bt.com/products/hp-chromebo...89c0d8098c

I fancy getting one to replace my 11" HP Chromebook which is on the blink. Seems rather cheap and I just wonder why?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Jimny14 Offline
In short in my opinion, it's cheap because it's quite cheap. It's a perfectly adequate chrome book and will browse the Internet and do word processing etc. As long as you do more than one or two things at once.
The screen isn't great but fine, the chip fine (AMD chips are a little cheaper than intels normally for the same spec).
My guess why they've reduced it is that a new one is coming out and they're shifting stock.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(26-10-2021, 02:04 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: In short in my opinion, it's cheap because it's quite cheap. It's a perfectly adequate chrome book and will browse the Internet and do word processing etc. As long as you do more than one or two things at once.
The screen isn't great but fine, the chip fine (AMD chips are a little cheaper than intels normally for the same spec).
My guess why they've reduced it is that a new one is coming out and they're shifting stock.
Thanks Jimmy, that's good to know cos I've just ordered it. Cool

My old one is fine apart from having a smaller screen and the mousepad isn't working. I have just hooked up a mouse to the USB port temporarily. My old one will be relegated to a backup for the future. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, JJB, Veggie