Siberian / Welsh Onions
Broadway Offline
Hi Folks

I purchased a clump of siberian (also known as welsh?) onions earlier in the year and just left them to it for this year.

That said should I be dividing and replanting them?

TIA
Regards..........Danny Smile

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I only split clumps of onions when they look congested or if I want to spread them around a larger area.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Broadway Offline
(24-10-2021, 11:34 AM)Veggie Wrote: I only split clumps of onions when they look congested or if I want to spread them around a larger area.
Thanks Veggie

Mine are congested plus I want to move them around so will do. Would to plant the whole bulb underground?

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I grow them from seed in pots and when planting I use the tried and tested Bung 'em in technique. Sorry, but I don't have any rules about planting depths. What did you do with the ones you bought? If that worked, do it again!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Broadway Offline
(24-10-2021, 12:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: I grow them from seed in pots and when planting I use the tried and tested Bung 'em in technique. Sorry, but I don't have any rules about planting depths. What did you do with the ones you bought? If that worked, do it again!
No worries, they are a bit different from when I bought them. They were a tiny plant/bundle now they are a clump of bulbs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I had clumps of them on a previous plot I had but dug them up and binned them as I thought they were tasteless affairs. Cry I might be on the wrong tack but from memory they were slimy and a poor substitute for either spring onions or chives. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man