Garlic 2021-22
Jimny14 Offline
So today I planted my garlic from saved bulbs from last year (can't remember the original variety I've been self saving garlic bulbs for several years now). 
For reasons of space and other things still being in other growing spaces I've planted mine in a selection of pots this year. 

Who else has already planted garlic and who's planning on doing so?
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I've got a few bulbs of Solent Wight (new seed) interplanted in the new strawberry bed, planted a few days ago. Four bulbs of Solent Wight left, just need to find some space to plant them! If they won't all fit in the ground they'll have go in some troughs. New bed in the front garden will be planted with Iberian Wight (self-saved for 4 years), just need to clear it of spring onions and leeks first.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’ve not planted any exactly. I did find some of the garlic I planted earlier this year sprouting again. So I’ve just left it. Hoping they’ll continue growing & split. Most the ones I harvested hadn’t split. No surprise, they went in late as a last minute change of mind, but they were still edible.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I planted my garlic a week or so ago, about 90 cloves. The cloves were a bit smaller than usual (somebody had used the ones I had set aside). I think there were about 3 or 4 different varieties but not sure. I've put plant labels between each bulb planted to try and see which keeps the longest.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Mine are in, 5 bulbs each of Paradour and Germador split into cloves. That should be enough to keep the vampires away! With luck they should give me about 100 bulbs which will keep us going until the next harvest.
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga

Jimny14 Offline
(10-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Mine are in, 5 bulbs each of Paradour and Germador split into cloves. That should be enough to keep the vampires away! With luck they should give me about 100 bulbs which will keep us going until the next arrest.

Out of interest how often do you get arrested? 
Just so we can gauge how much garlic you go through.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Moth, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
There are three of us and we use loads. We are in France after all!

P.S. Never been arrested!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I only grow Elephant Garlic which stays in the ground all year round - until I remember to dig some up.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jimny14, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I planted some saved casablanca (I think) yesterday, and I'm thinking I should plant a few more somewhere. I might even buy some special ones. That'll be novel.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
I still need to get my bulbs, will hopefully order them tomorrow.

Do any of you start them off in modules?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man