Our Lost Dog Project
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
So beautiful, PP. Loved the bit at the end where Didi is playing in the woods. A joy to watch. Good work by all involved in Didi's rehabilitation. xx
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot

Jay Offline
Fantastic PP, lovely to see how much progress Didi has made…thanks for sharing. Some good news for a change!x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
It was nice to shed tears of joy for once. You deserve a medal PP but I'm sure this video is more than enoughSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
What amazing progress, a heartwarming story with a lovely ending. I bet it made you feel really proud for starting Didi's journey.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
A similar story - but regrettably no happy ending.
I introduced our two beautiful Burmese boys on the forum earlier (Fitzroy and Fergus) both born in October 2020.They have been a complete and utter joy.
Sadly Fergus (brown boy) didn’t come home on Jan 31st( first time he had ever been out after dusk). We searched EVERYWHERE and put leaflets and posters wherever we could think of. Our lovely neighbours were also involved in the search.
Anyway to cut a long story short there was a poster on a telegraph pole near to us with a photo of our Fergus which stated that he had been “visiting my bird table once a week for a month or two”. Don’t we all have cats visiting our gardens now and again?
The poster continued that “if no one has claimed him in two weeks, I shall put him on a Facebook lost and found website”. The date on the poster was 16 January - ie two weeks before our lovely boy disappeared. We immediately contacted the woman who had put the poster up and she said that Fergus had been killed on the road about fifty yards from her house. A “nice gentleman” knocked on her door said he would deal with it and took it away. No one has seen a body - not even her! I can’t help thinking that this is really fishy. Her neighbour told me that she doesn’t like cats visiting her garden. How did she know it was Fergus if some stranger knocked at her door to say that a cat had been killed? When she told us that he had been killed why did she ask me if he was microchipped AND how much a Burmese kitten would cost. Had so many sleepless nights over all this. Poor Fitzroy is missing Fergus like mad too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(03-03-2022, 04:06 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: A similar story - but regrettably no happy ending.
I introduced our two beautiful Burmese boys on the forum earlier (Fitzroy and Fergus) both born in October 2020.They have been a complete and utter joy.
Sadly Fergus (brown boy) didn’t come home on Jan 31st( first time he had ever been out after dusk). We searched EVERYWHERE and put leaflets and posters wherever we could think of. Our lovely neighbours were also involved in the search.
Anyway to cut a long story short there was a poster on a telegraph pole near to us with a photo of our Fergus which stated that he had been “visiting my bird table once a week for a month or two”. Don’t we all have cats visiting our gardens now and again?
The poster continued that “if no one has claimed him in two weeks, I shall put him on a Facebook lost and found website”. The date on the poster was 16 January - ie two weeks before our lovely boy disappeared. We immediately contacted the woman who had put the poster up and she said that Fergus had been killed on the road about fifty yards from her house. A “nice gentleman” knocked on her door said he would deal with it and took it away. No one has seen a body - not even her! I can’t help thinking that this is really fishy. Her neighbour told me that she doesn’t like cats visiting her garden. How did she know it was Fergus if some stranger knocked at her door to say that a cat had been killed? When she told us that he had been killed why did she ask me if he was microchipped AND how much a Burmese kitten would cost. Had so many sleepless nights over all this. Poor Fitzroy is missing Fergus like mad too.

That's heartbreaking and does sound very dodgy indeed. Can you have an alert put on his chip in case someone tries to change the details or remove it?
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's so sad, FEW but I wouldn't give up hope.
As PP suggests, let the chip company know and also local vets. There are lots of groups on Facebook for lost and found pets but I don't think you're on FB, are you?

EDIT Just seen the Lost & Found posts on FB about Fergus, posted by Richard and Claire.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB

Farendwoman Offline
We’ve contacted more than twenty vets in villages near us. All said that the first thing they would do with a new “patient” is to scan their microchip.
We’ve also put up missing posters around a ten mile radius.
No - I’m not a facebooker, but my husband has reluctantly joined three Facebook groups. I just can’t understand why someone hasn’t come forward to say that they know anything about him. We’re pretty rural and the same people use the little road where he was supposedly knocked down. We’ve put large photos of him along the road asking for anyone to let us know. Also the three houses near to the woman who didn’t like him in her garden didn’t have anyone knock at their door or know anything about it.
I still can’t believe that he would have been anywhere near the road- he was a very timid little chap. To get to her bird table he only had to trot through a little copse - nowhere near the road.
It’s been five weeks now, so am starting to give up hope. I suspect that someone saw the poster , contacted her and said “if no one has claimed him in two weeks, then I’ll have him”. Or else she just wanted shot of him and sold him.
I really can’t understand why a woman living in such a rural area would go to the trouble of taking a photo of a cat in her garden, printing it, laminating it and composing words around it. Honestly, we have cats in our garden regularly and don’t even think about it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sounds dodgy to me. Wonder if any Burmese have been sold lately on Gumtree or similar?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Farendwoman Offline
As you can imagine, it’s nothing to do with the fact that he’s a little Burmese, and “worth a few quid”. We’d have felt exactly the same if it had been our lovely old ginger moggie.
We just want him home, but feel so helpless.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie