Poll: Most improved plot, garden
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Admin
30.77%
4 30.77%
Mark Riga
69.23%
9 69.23%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Most improved plot, garden - any size.
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
 Please post your entries  before the Festival ends at midnight, 30th September.

No Chat, just photos!

We'll take a Vote on the best entries in October, with the Award of Prizes at the end of October.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Admin Offline
The Boss

(Not to be entered into the vote)
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 6 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
How it looked about 40 years ago. The only tree was the apple at the side of the house which is now about 8' higher but with quite a bit of fungus on it.

The greenhouse was rickety and was replaced pretty smartish. The barn was used for a number of years till if fell down in a storm about 20 years ago.

Picture 1 is taken from about the same place on the road as the original but can't see too much as hedge wants cutting and when it is cut, there are self seeded damson in the hedge and several fir trees just inside the hedge from different Christmases. picture 2 shows these best taken towards the road. The third picture shows more of the trees and plot.

Probably, if I restored it to how it was, There would be a lot less wood pigeons and squirrels about, but also a lot less of other wildlife. The air teems with insects in the summer. This year there seems to be a bumper crop of swallows which are still wheeling about but not for much longer now.

There are a lot more weeds about as well so in some respects, it might not be considered improved.
[-] The following 8 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie