Spec's Garden - I am thinking of a complete change
Spec Offline
Rain most of this morning but did manage to get out late afternoon and shifted a few more barrow loads of soil, also cut up some of the tree branches to make them easier to handle when moving them into the raised bed, I am thinking of making a soil bed about 6 inches deep for laying the tree cuttings on (concrete base) and also once the logs are down I will cover them with seaweed and soil, the reason for that is that the bed that I am moving just now is covered in fungi, and I had covered this bed with seaweed, so possibly encourage fungi to help adjust the tree as required for supplying moisture to the bed soil, again once this is installed I will cover everything with soil then cover that with cardboard followed by all the garden green waste which will also be covered by cardboard, then the bed will be topped up and finished off with garden compost. If anyone thinks that I am making a mistake please let me know, as I am just going with a gut feeling rather than anything that I have done in the past, or read up on, so comments welcome
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • JJB

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am thinking of a complete change - by Bren - 31-07-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: Spec's Garden - I am thinking of a complete change - by Spec - 08-10-2021, 11:20 PM