OK someone had to mention it!
Bren Offline
(12-07-2021, 02:07 PM)JJB Wrote: It certainly is.  We are so few in number it's a shame to lose anyone, for whatever reason.

I agree, I do feel like we’re amongst friends here.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
Didn't watch the game but did watch the penalty shoot out, and when Saka? missed his penalty, OH who has absolutely no interest in football, her response was "aw pair wee boy, that's a shame" so no matter whither a football player or not, she doesn't like seeing a young boy getting hurt, however that's it finished now, just looking forward to Scotland lifting the World Cup, that ofcourse is when football will come homeSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
(12-07-2021, 12:55 PM)Veggie Wrote: I wonder whether Broadway will come back now that the football is over?

(12-07-2021, 01:49 PM)JJB Wrote: I hope so, but not an easy thing to do.

(12-07-2021, 01:57 PM)Veggie Wrote: The door's still open. Smile

(12-07-2021, 02:07 PM)JJB Wrote: It certainly is. We are so few in number it's a shame to lose anyone, for whatever reason.

(12-07-2021, 02:23 PM)Bren Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 02:07 PM)JJB Wrote: It certainly is.  We are so few in number it's a shame to lose anyone, for whatever reason.

I agree, I do feel like we’re amongst friends here.
Whit hiv a missed nooRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Broadway said he was leaving us but he didn't say why - but his last posts were on this thread.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

toomanytommytoes Offline
(12-07-2021, 06:50 PM)Spec Wrote: Didn't watch the game but did watch the penalty shoot out, and when Saka? missed his penalty, OH who has absolutely no interest in football, her response was "aw pair wee boy, that's a shame" so no matter whither a football player or not, she doesn't like seeing a young boy getting hurt, however that's it finished now, just looking forward to Scotland lifting the World Cup, that ofcourse is when football will come homeSmile
It really wasn't fair putting so much pressure on a 19 year old who was playing in the most important game of his life so far and who had never taken a penalty in a professional match before. Hopefully it doesn't dent his confidence too much as he has a cracking career ahead of him.
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Spec, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
[/quote]
Whit hiv a missed nooRolleyes
[/quote]

Well, from what I can work out not much. Danny seems to have taken exception to something someone else said.
He decided he didn't want to talk about it and would rather leave instead.
It seems a shame as I'm sure anything that was said wasn't meant to be offensive and could likely have been sorted out with a quick chat and I feel Danny is a good and active member of this little forum.
But anyway what ever his reasons he has gone for now, hopefully he will reflect on his decision and come back but time will tell.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Anything genuinely "offensive" would be removed by the Pest Controllers. I've never seen anything on G&G that could be considered offensive. The problem with the written word is that we don't all read things the same way. Maybe its time to add Sport to the list of topics we don't talk about here?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Online
Moonraker
But if sport, then what next. Where's free speech?
I'm not serious really, just sometimes frustrated by the 'PC' way things can and cannot be said.
You're right Veggie we've all put something in writing in good faith that's caused an upset.......more often than not I do it verbally too Big Grin tact not my best subject P says.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Some of us have thicker skins than others too. You could call me all the names under the sun (and you do) and I wouldn't take it seriously and I'm sure you wouldn't either, Jen..........as for Spec!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, mcdood

JJB Online
Moonraker
He's foreign, you have to make an exception. Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, mcdood, Veggie