I’m back!
Farendwoman Offline
Have been absent for quite a while on this forum - Sorry.
ALL my time has been spent fretting about plants and flowers for our only daughter’s wedding on June 26th. 
The worry about how many could attend and who would have to be “disinvited” only added to the worry about whether flowers would be ready for bouquets, boutonnières, table flowers, church flowers etc etc etc.
Anyway all over now - phew, huge sigh of relief.
You’ll be pleased to know that the quaking grass was too late for the event (as were lots of other things I had been hoping for) so at least she didn’t have any “weevils” in any of the flower decorations!
All went brilliantly, except that the beribboned bridal car broke down on the way to Church. The bride in full regalia and her father in his Sunday best had to push it on to a grass verge outside a hotel that just happened to be holding a Wedding Fair that day. Excellent advertising for them! 
I just wish I had been there to take photos. Almost “Candid Camera” for those of us old enough to remember that programme.
Many, many lovely people stopped to try and help, and the bride hitched a lift and got to church with ten minutes to spare. The car, in disgrace, did NOT make it to the Church or the ceremony.
[-] The following 8 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, mcdood, Proserpina, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Welcome back, FEW.Smile We knew you were preoccupied with flowers and weddings. Sounds like a very memorable occasion! Weddings should always have something unplanned happen - that you can look back on in year's to come and laugh about.Smile
Not sure whether I'm happy or sad that the weevils didn't make it to the ceremony - probably for the best that they didn't. Might have spoilt someone's appetite.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB, mcdood

Jimny14 Offline
Welcome back! Glad the wedding went well, every wedding needs a story from the day. Out of interest what was the planned car and what was the actual car which the bride arrived to church in?
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Welcome back.  You better get yourself a cuppa & get comfortable . You’ve got lots of catching up to do.  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(30-06-2021, 04:24 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: Welcome back! Glad the wedding went well, every wedding needs a story from the day. Out of interest what was the planned car and what was the actual car which the bride arrived to church in?
Hi Jimny 
the intended mode of transport was a Fiat X19 circa 1986 which has been restored to perfection (body wise!!). There aren’t many excellent examples of these left on the road.
The bride arrived in what the guests termed “a people carrier(!)” which was actually a Citroen Berlingo. Because of the lateness of arrival , the bride’s mother (me) was in the backseat.
All good memories! Something has to go wrong and it could have been worse. And if I say so myself, the flowers were just brilliant!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(30-06-2021, 05:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Welcome back.  You better get yourself a cuppa & get comfortable . You’ve got lots of catching up to do.  Big Grin .
  Cuppa???
I think a ginormous bottle of something strong is more in order!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(30-06-2021, 04:24 PM)Veggie Wrote: Welcome back, FEW.Smile We knew you were preoccupied with flowers and weddings. Sounds like a very memorable occasion! Weddings should always have something unplanned happen - that you can look back on in year's to come and laugh about.Smile
Not sure whether I'm happy or sad that the weevils didn't make it to the ceremony - probably for the best that they didn't. Might have spoilt someone's appetite.
Cheers, Veggie
hope to start contributing to the forum again now.
garden will be full of flowers to photograph over next few weeks. They all refused to flower for me in time for the wedding . Thank goodness for sweet peas, cornflowers and clary which saved the day.
I also had loads of clay pots of multi coloured lobelia and a lovely miniature pink gyp to decorate the outside table.
Daughter was delighted with it all - so Mum did good.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(30-06-2021, 06:02 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(30-06-2021, 05:52 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(30-06-2021, 04:24 PM)Veggie Wrote: Welcome back, FEW.Smile We knew you were preoccupied with flowers and weddings. Sounds like a very memorable occasion! Weddings should always have something unplanned happen - that you can look back on in year's to come and laugh about.Smile
Cheers, Veggie
hope to start contributing to the forum again now.
garden will be full of flowers to photograph over next few weeks. They all refused to flower for me in time for the wedding . Thank goodness for sweet peas, cornflowers and clary which saved the day.
I also had loads of clay pots of multi coloured lobelia and a lovely miniature pink gyp to decorate the outside table.
Daughter was delighted with it all - so Mum did good.
These were the pots of gyp and lobelia.Managed 24 of each for outside tables.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Welcome back to G&G Smile flowers looked pretty and it sounds like everyone had a good time. Plus the car breaking down will be a good tale to pass down the family.
Glad to hear the wedding worked out well in the end. xx
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Am obviously very rusty ..... three posts exactly the same! 
Must do better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie