The Power of Now, not Whenever!
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
There's a book "The Power of Now" - I have a copy but I've never read it. It sits alongside "The Road less travelled" and "Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance" - and I haven't read those either.Smile
Probably never will but the titles appeal to me. In case you're wondering, I helped some friends who were moving away by clearing their bookcases and clutter. She was a Yoga teacher and he's a psychiatrist - there were lots of odd books. Wink
Anyway, back to the "Power of Now" before its tomorrow..............you know those little jobs that catch your eye, need doing but you put off until another day - fingerprints on the door sort of job - they only take a couple of minutes to sort out but you hesitate and forget about them until the next time you open that door. 
Since spotting "The Power of Now" this morning, I've adopted it as my mantra and am trying to do those little jobs when I spot them.
It fits in with my other Mantras "Don't put it down, put it away" and "Don't put off until tomorrow that which should be done today". I'm not very good at remembering those either. Smile

Do you have any similar Mantras?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Spec

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I was brought up with "Don't put it down, put it away" so that is second nature to me. I wish I could get "Don't put off till tomorrow..." into my psyche, I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Not quite a mantra, but I came across a Phillip Larkin poem a while back and now have the last two lines written out and pinned above my desk -

We should be more careful of each other,
We should be kind while there is still time.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Mine is 'leave it for Paul to do' he is a do it now person, so I let him get on and do it Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Moth, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’ve read Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance. The title is the best bit  Rolleyes . Didn’t really understand most of it. Then I don’t understand philosophy and more importantly I really don’t want to. It made up BS for those with a certain sort of over active imagination to find reason in everyday events.  Big Grin . That may of course be wrong & probably upset people that have made a career out of BS  philosophy   Big Grin . 

Get back to your question. I don’t have any mantras  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I also have "Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance". Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(20-06-2021, 02:39 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve read Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance. The title is the best bit  Rolleyes . Didn’t really understand most of it. Then I don’t understand philosophy and more importantly I really don’t want to. It made up BS for those with a certain sort of over active imagination to find reason in everyday events.  Big Grin . That may of course be wrong & probably upset people that have made a career out of BS  philosophy   Big Grin . 

Get back to your question. I don’t have any mantras  Smile

SC your mantra should be 'don't let the b*****ds grind you down', specifically engineers and solicitors  Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(20-06-2021, 02:20 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's a book "The Power of Now" - I have a copy but I've never read it. It sits alongside "The Road less travelled" and "Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance" - and I haven't read those either.Smile
Since spotting "The Power of Now" this morning, I've adopted it as my mantra and am trying to do those little jobs when I spot them.
It fits in with my other Mantras "Don't put it down, put it away" and "Don't put off until tomorrow that which should be done today". I'm not very good at remembering those either. Smile

Do you have any similar Mantras?
OH thinks my mantra is "why do it today, when you could do it tomorrow" Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Why do it today when it may never need doing.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
The Power of Now made me plant some tomatoes in the GH today - I've been putting that off for days -and it definitely needed doing as they're quite leggy.!
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Vinny

MartinH Offline
You will have to get over it sometime, why not do it now.
[-] The following 5 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie, Vinny