What fragrances do you pick up when out walking
Spec Offline
When taking the dog for a walk this morning I was walking past an area where there are a lot of hawthorn, gorse, clover and various other wild flowers and with the sun was shining and the wind dropped the air was perfued by all the fragrances that were given off by the different plants, though nothing individually giving of a strong smell that you could identify the mix from them all, drawn out by the heat of the sun was really nice to smell, has anyone experienced similar
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Unfortunately down wind of us in the next village is a pig farm, he obviously does something with his slurry pit about 5.30pm each evening and the air becomes very agriculturally fragrant.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Cow parsley is the strongest in the garden, followed by elderflower.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Spec, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Not walking, but yesterday motorcycling the scent from a row of flowering acacias by the side of the road was extraordinary!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(11-06-2021, 12:50 PM)JJB Wrote: Unfortunately down wind of us in the next village is a pig farm, he obviously does something with his slurry pit about 5.30pm each evening and the air becomes very agriculturally fragrant.

Definitely not putting a like to the JJB not something I would find very pleasant, on the plus side you could always get some manure from there
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have never seen so much cow parsley along the Coast to Coast walk? I didn't realise it was scented, I must have a sniff next time I am passing. I like its architectural shape and for some reason we used to call it 'Aukd man's baccy'?and use its stems for pea shooters.

I had some in the garden which I have left until now but because I don't want it seeding all over the garden, have just cut it down today. Rolleyes

The nicest scent I get whilst walking the dog is from the yellow flowers of broom. Supposedly smells like orange blossom? Whatever it is, it's very pleasant. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Lots of cow parsley in the garden this year - I'm trying to cut the flower heads off before they set seed as its spreading everywhere. Its very pretty though so I don't like doing it!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Spec, Vinny