Plant supports from recycled plastics
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I came across this French Website selling products made from plastics. The big difference it is vegetable based plastics. However, this product caught my eye and it’s made from recycled plastic. Anybody ever used them ? 
https://mvi-shop.com/en/line-mikado/54-p...ardin.html

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not seen those before. They look pretty sturdy.

I got some recycled plant supports this morning. Bicycle wheels .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(06-06-2021, 09:14 AM)Can the Man Wrote: I came across this French Website selling products made from plastics. The big difference it is vegetable based plastics. However, this product caught my eye and it’s made from recycled plastic. Anybody ever used them ? 
https://mvi-shop.com/en/line-mikado/54-p...ardin.html
Excuse my ignorance Can, but how do these work? Huh Is there a wick with them or what? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I couldn't understand it either - bit over engineered for me!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Looking at that picture I thought, will hold 3 plant pots, water from the bottom and one central stake to support the three plants and plastic spikes to secure the container to the ground
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My understanding is it is one plant support the stake with the semicircular attachments. The triangle type pot at the bottom holds the water and there seems to be a drip system from it to feed the tomato plant. I’m not promoting them just saw them on a French guys Instagram page and followed the link thought they were interesting enough to share.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It says avoids water wastage. I wonder how it's doing that?? I've looked at the link but my French is rubbish Big Grin it looks interesting!! This is what I have been trying to do for a few years.

I would love to grow everything but over the years I've begun to realise that as I have to pay for water it's only sensible to grow on any seedling that I think I can use. I have benefited- less cost and time - but my friends, neighbours and any passerby's have lost out as I have half the spare plants available now . I try not to grow things that get "wasted" or use resources and don't get used.I was asked for tomato plants 3 times this week and I have none spare!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Roitelet Offline
If it says that it avoids water wastage what about evaporation? To really avoid wastage it needs a cover on the water container.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-06-2021, 10:03 PM)Scarlet Wrote: It says avoids water wastage. I wonder how it's doing that?? I've looked at the link but my French is rubbish Big Grin it looks interesting!! This is what I have been trying to do for a few years.

I would love to grow everything but over the years I've begun to realise that as I have to pay for water it's only sensible to grow on any seedling that I think I can use. I have benefited- less cost and time - but my friends, neighbours and any passerby's have lost out as I have half the spare plants available now . I try not to grow things that get "wasted" or use resources and don't get used.I was asked for tomato plants 3 times this week and I have none spare!
I'm on metered water too but rarely use any of that for the garden as there's usually enough in the waterbutts for the GHs and pots.  Go on, Scarlet, grow them all, you know you want to share!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

toomanytommytoes Offline
Looking at other photos, 2 of the red things are plugs which you can lift up to open holes to let the water drain through. The other red thing in the middle has a knob at the top which you can twist to control the flow of drip irrigation.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie