Birthday ideas
Jimny14 Offline
My wife has enquired today if I could draw up  list of things I'd like for my birthday. 
Problem is I'm a simple soul and think myself very lucky that I don't want for much. I was treated to a hori hori and japanese hand hoe a while ago and I love these. 
Is there anything (gardening related or not) that you have that is really useful or that you received as a gift having never thought of getting for yourself?
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
One of those kneelers that also turns into a seat, drop a piece of wood on top and you have a table.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Jimny14

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m going to state the obvious. Seeds.
But I’d quit like a selection chosen by the other half. So not necessarily seeds I’d choose myself.
If you’re like me you get stuck in a rut. Always buying the same thing.

A few pairs of really good gardening gloves. You’re probably not like me with little hand so gloves that fit are the same price as gold dust!

Or maybe some smart dome cloches. I acquired a couple of them and they are so useful. But not cheap.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Jimny14, JJB

mcdood Offline
I love the oscillating/stirrup hoe I treated myself to earlier this year. I find it much better than the Dutch hoe I used to use
[-] The following 4 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, Jimny14, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Secateurs - the expensive ones with a lifetime guarantee - can't remember the make, sorry.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
A greenhouse, but that's a bit OTT.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Jimny14

Broadway Offline
I was going to ask about a limitSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
A pair of bright yellow Fiskars secateurs that I can spot before they go through the compost heap or when they've been left or dropped in a border.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Jimny14, JJB, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Thanks everyone, really helpful suggestions, I'm definitely going to put a couple of things on the list. O haven't asked regarding a limit monetarily however I'd reckon as we have another baby due in 3 weeks that anything too extravagant will be completely and politely ignored.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-05-2021, 02:17 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: My wife has enquired today if I could draw up  list of things I'd like for my birthday. 
Problem is I'm a simple soul and think myself very lucky that I don't want for much. I was treated to a hori hori and japanese hand hoe a while ago and I love these. 
Is there anything (gardening related or not) that you have that is really useful or that you received as a gift having never thought of getting for yourself?
Bulbs, a special tree a decent pair of Felcos
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB