How do you....................?
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Story books / novels go in author & order of release.
Information books ( recipes, gardening, identification type books) go in categories
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
My books seem to be spread about, cookery ones in the living room, gardening are next to my PC desk.
Craft books in craft room.
Sitting room shelves for everything else but they're in no order apart from largest at the bottom.
I've got a kindle I use that a fair its handy to have and holds lots of books.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I read a book then give it away....no need to store. Gardening books live in my study though in no particular order
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Piled high randomly!
Cookery and gardening 'proper' books in P's study along with his reference (railway/computer) books by size predominantly because of shelf height.
Fiction mostly paperbacks are in my 'den' on shelves, bed, floor, desk, anywhere because I've run out of room. Smile

As an aside, I missed the wheelbarrow posts. I've never considered pulling a wheelbarrow. It's usually me does the heavy carting about and pushing slabs or sacks of wet manure up a 120m slope is hard graft. I will try pulling.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thought I'd better share Wink
Fiction is in the little bedroom/study, on shelves, by author. Once read, I give them away, apart from a few classics that I've read several times.
The bed is covered with boxes of books, mostly sorted by subject - gardening/cookery/self sufficiency/foraging/wildlife/history.
Main bedroom - shelves and more boxes of recently acquired books - a few for bedtime reading and some "What to do in your garden this month" to remind me (if I remember to look at them.)
Bookcase on the landing has books I value for their rarity or age or sentimental reasons.
Downstairs - a wall of book shelves for non-fiction. I try to shelve them by subject and by author - eg all Geoff Hamilton books are together on a gardening shelf. Most of the travel guide books are being given away as I'm unlikely to be visiting those countries now.
Sometimes, when the weather's bad and I'm "bored" I move the books around into matching size, or colour of cover. Many years ago, I had a shelf of orange Penguin paperbacks Big Grin
I really need a hobby......................maybe I'll collect seed packets!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Jay Offline
Ours are on bookshelves grouped in genres and then height order.
Got too many, no one wants them and I don’t want to throw them out!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-08-2021, 10:07 AM)Veggie Wrote: I really need a hobby......................maybe I'll collect seed packets!!

Try gardening, I'm told it's good for the soul, and you meet the nicest People. Tongue
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(30-05-2021, 11:32 PM)Small chilli Wrote: 2 slices of bread Mayo spread on one side of both, filled with cheese & tomato or cheese & spring onion . Or ham & tomato. Or mustard mixed with the Mayo with ham. Unless it’s tuna & Mayo with cucumber or spring onion, in which case the bread doesn’t have anything on it.
I’m with you Small chilli. Never any butter for me, just a scrape of Mayo to stop it all falling apart. Butter only used for cooking as far as I’m concerned - though the chief weeder likes it on his crumpets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
WOT NO BUTTER!!! that's sacrilege.......or maybe its me that's weird. Cry  bread and butter, never mind the filling. Wink
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
That's something I used to enjoy a piece of plain loaf and butter and jam, if you opened up the loaf first, you got the outsider and if you also had picked the right end to open, it was a thick outsider, greatSmile there was usually a thick outside and the opposite end thin, sadly the pan bread was introduced, though I have noted plain bread back on the market, one good thing about the pan I get away with using two slices to make a piece Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie