Sounds I love to hear.
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I now take my phone with me when I am out walking with dog to photograph anything I find interesting, or something that appeals to me with a view to getting the Acrylic paints out one day (my original retirement plan) with easel and trying to capture it on canvas.

Yes Veggie, I have had a sheltered life! Tongue
Today I got to thinking that its not only my eyes which glory in the moment, but my other senses as well.

As I get older I have learned to appreciate the sounds of the countryside as well. Cool

1)My favourite is the crunching of the small pebbles as I stride along a country road.
2) Second is the babbling brook on a forest walk
3) The sounds of farm animals is next with cockerels, geese,cows and sheep. I particularly like the old 'Yew' sheep calling to its lamb in a 'croaky' deep tone.The lamb running and bleating in its high pitched cry. Smile
4) Away from main roads there are a variety of bird calls (no idea which bird they emanate from) but they are captivating.The only time I took notice of birdsong was when I was on my early morning paper round as  nipper. I was also a whistler and tried to copy the bird call resulting in me being better than an alarm clock for some......or so I was told!
5) Thunder is another sound I like and the pitter patter of rainfall or hail to go with it. How fresh the air feels after a thunderstorm.

I used to live close to Newcastle Airport so these sounds are a revelation to me, rather than the sound of planes taking off and landing. Angry

Maybe age has something to do with it, I don't know, but I was never this appreciative from my late teens until now Rolleyes

Have I missed any sounds worth listening to? Have I missed out on some gems?

Smell also plays a part and I don't really mind the farmyard smells and the smell of wild garlic in the woods plus comb honey which is particularly appealing in the smell department.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 7 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nicely put, Vinny.Smile
I like to listen to the bees and small insects working away in the flowers
The rustle of leaves in a light breeze
The scrunch of dead leaves beneath my feet
The song of the robin above my head
The song thrush who is always in the same couple of trees at the end of the garden
The sheep on the hillside, especially when the lambs are with them.
I stop whatever I'm doing to watch a buzzard riding the thermal, the Air Ambulance helicopter as its heads to the hospital, a dragonfly hovering over the pond and a rainbow!
My scent of the moment is Cow Parsley, almost as "tall" or "short" as I am, flowers at head height inline with my nose.Smile

I've never understood people I see out walking, ears blocked by headphones or whatever they're called now, oblivious to the sounds of the world around them. There is no more beautiful music than the sound of nature.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
How true, both of you are quite right and so poetically put. Some of the things you mention we haven't got locally, unfortunately. We have the aircraft, Vinny, which always make us stop and stare. The buzzards too, kee ing to their friends and babies. I particularly like the sound of a robin murmuring in the hedge alongside my workspace and the blackbird telling everyone it's time for bed. Heard a partridge calling for a mate from the top of next door's shed which puzzled me for a minute or two, until I figured out what it was.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The sound of nature are incredible. Lots of them are very relaxing.
I like a lot of what’s already been mentioned.
Bees busily feeding.
The noise of grasshoppers and crickets.
Dragon & damselflies flying by.
The male blackbird song. Always brings back memories of my childhood.
Snipe drumming in spring, the Roaring of the deer at the rut in autumn.
Waves breaking on the shore and the noise of the gravelly beach as the water makes its way back out to sea.
Water making its way along the burns & rivers and going over waterfalls.
So many sounds that just make me stop and watch for a while. It’s amazing I manage to get anything done  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Just thought of another few, the crackling of pine wood on a bonfire and the coo-ing of doves on the chimney, listened from within the living room. Smile

Bren Offline
I love listening to the rain hitting the canvas when we're camping.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not too keen on the feral pigeons sitting on the roof above my bedroom cooing too early in the morning though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(20-05-2021, 05:43 PM)JJB Wrote: Not too keen on the feral pigeons sitting on the roof above my bedroom cooing too early in the morning though.
Can't hear them in the bedroom only the living room down the chimney as its getting dark. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Admin Offline
The Boss
I like the sound of children playing, to me it is the sound of summer
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I love sitting near a stream or a brook as it flows over stones etc. And the sound it creates is so soothing.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Jay, Veggie, Vinny