Perennials from seed
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I fancy sowing some more perennials flowery things. I want to get the seeds now Big Grin

So anyone have that plant that's a keeper?

I'm sure I have some agastache somewhere? Anyone have it. Nice not nice? 

Ideas please...would like my greenhouse chugging out some plants for next year. Happy to overwinter them in the greenhouse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Vinny

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’m doing the perennials from seed thing.
My favourites are lupins.
Also growing verbena bonariensis , scabious and wild bergamot. Lots of others but that’s all I can remember at the moment. Looking forward to seeing the flowers on the bergamot because the actual plant is lovely.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-04-2021, 09:13 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’m doing the perennials from seed thing.
Also growing verbena bonariensis , scabious and wild bergamot. Lots of others but that’s all I can remember at the moment. Looking forward to seeing the flowers on the bergamot because the actual plant is lovely.
I've lots of your lupins already....I started more this year and had some before too?

Im not doing Verbena B anymore...last year I tried verbena Rigida - not as tall as the other, comes really well from cuttings and flowered for months. It's shorter and fills a space rather than popping through? 

Have you got any geraniums SP? One of my favourites is geranium pheum? Only thought of it as I split one yesterday Big Grin fab plant for filling in. 

Will look up the bergamot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Here’s the wild bergamot I’m growing.

https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_137...amot_seeds

I’ve only got the geranium that’s very similar to the wild cranesbill (if it isn’t actually cranesbill). That geranium pheum is a lovely dark colour.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
Geranium phaeum is really nice yep, does well in shade and has been flowering for a few weeks already. Grew it from eBay root cuttings as I couldn't find seed at the time.

Agastache (foeniculum) is lovely. Not sure if it's a forever perennial though, the ones in partial shade next to a clematis haven't come back this year while the ones at the other end of the garden in full sun have. Soil too wet and cold, perhaps? Got a Blue Boa from a neighbour last year but I can't find it now the bluebells are out, having pruned it right down

I really like sea holly, Blue Hobbit is a compact variety I want to try. Some others I like...creeping thyme, devil's bit scabious, calamint, meadow cranesbill, betony, veronica spicata, musk mallow.

First year for echinops, catananche and perennial cornflower.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Just thought of another couple.
delphinium elatum ‘magic fountains’ and echinacea.
They’re both new for me this year, so can’t really give any advice on them.
The delphinium seem to be quiet slow growing. Also seem much happier since I took them out of the tunnel to harden off.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(28-04-2021, 09:13 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’m doing the perennials from seed thing.
I grow the herb Bergamot which has lovely bright red spider like flowers. So much so that a gardening friend who is a bit of an arachnophobe won't go near them. Big Grin Leaves added to tea make a poor mans Earl Grey. Rolleyes It is a creeper like mint and can become invasive.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie