Entering Competitions - not G&G
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm curious! 
Have you ever won a prize in a competition? 
I'm always reading about people who've won houses, cars and exotic holidays in the simplest of competitions but all I can remember winning is a book and a pair of uncomfortable wellies. 

Do real people (that's usWink) win prizes or are these imaginary winners who always manage to look attractive in photographs!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Vouchers is the most exciting thing I’ve ever won.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've searched my memory bank and remembered a couple of other prizes:-

A cuddy toy named Dewi the Dragon that was a prize in a raffle in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind. The organiser rang me to tell me I'd won and that he couldn't deliver the prize because neither he, or his Guide dog could drive!!!

A bottle of "champagne" in a Christmas raffle. I was still living at home with my parents, who didn't drink or own a suitable glass so, on Christmas Day I was swigging this "fizzy stuff" from a tumbler! One of my presents was a pair of fluffy, bright pink slippers which I was wearing, when my mother told me to go upstairs and tidy my room so the guests could put their coats there. As I climbed the narrow stairs, clutching my tumbler, I tripped over the fluffy slippers and fell onto the glass, which cut my top lip.
My Dad, panicked, bundled me into our little Austin 7 and drove me to Casualty for my lip to be stitched.
Imagine, I'm lying there on a trolley, and all I could see were those great big fluffy pink slippers. Along came a very good looking young Doctor, with mistletoe on his hat, who stitched my lip whilst singing Christmas carols!!

That's one prize I wish I hadn't won. Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
You just reminded me. I won a T shirt in an online raffle once.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Fil has won holidays, a car and all sorts of lesser items. He enters about a dozen competitions a week. We are always getting him stamps. I think the last big thing I remember him winning was a 10 day trip to Florida for 4.

I once won a bottle of champagne on holiday, from a scratchcard. I was whisked off in a taxi to a posh hotel where I just had to sit through a series of questions about my home then eventually and very reluctantly they gave me my bottle. ?
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
I won a radio comp once that was promoting a new airline route to Hahn airport in Germany. It was a day trip to Germany. Basically it was a press tour with a few of us comp winners tagging along. It was quite magical, cramming in all sorts of 'German' experiences into one day. We were whizzed around by coach, had lunch overlooking the Rhine. Visited a deer farm but got a bit worried after that as our tour guide said in a very thick German accent we were going to 'do some shooting'. Having just seen a Bambi, everyone was getting a bit twitchy and you could hear the murmurs going round the coach not being too enthusiastic about guns and deer. It turned out ok though, the 'shooting' was firing a cannon a couple of times into the wilderness which was supposed to impress us. It was a brilliant competition prize.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
My mom won me a dozen cookies for my birthday via radio call in, but my birthday is Dec 24, so no luck actually collecting.

She also called in and won me tickets to a WWE (then WWF) wrestling match. I went with my dad, as there were only two tickets, and he bought me a big foam finger. Magic.
[-] The following 8 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Online
I remember a parcel arriving with 30-40 Cadbury Creme Eggs, my son wonSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I won my wife's hand in marriage....best prize ever Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 6 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ What an old softie you are!! Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli